The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Brilliant Invention

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 09:21 AM

Around here the cops don't even use them, how can you expect the people to...
Of course if you are holding your cell phone with your left hand it's kind of difficult to use a turn signal...;P
Next my other pet peeve onramp slugs..lol
Old 05-27-2007, 09:37 AM
Founding Member

I always want to tell an owner to looking into their vehicle manufacturer recall(s), as their signal isn't working right from the factory.
Brand new cars with such defects!
Old 05-27-2007, 10:02 AM

All ^^^^^^^^ good answers!!
Old 05-27-2007, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
You're in law enforcement. You pass it and then stand in the bushes and see how many tickets you'll be able to write
Big D
Your right but this is called reducing Accident exposure. The state Police in every state are asked to write tickets for the following
A). Failure to signal when required
B). Inproper Lane Usage
C). No Seat Belt worn
D). Speeding

These tickets are given out on Holiday weekends. If every driver would not do the 4 items listed above then the HWY's would be a better place to drive on.

But then again we would be with out a Job also.

Rudy
Old 03-04-2010, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
Well my case is a little different but still the same. Today, I was flagging an intersection so when side traffic came up to me I had to find out which way they wanted to go and then either let them go or make them wait. All day long, people would approach. I would point 1 direction and then the other. I guess they would point with their hands not realizing that they were not visible due to rain. One guy, after me pointing in either direction for about 5 min. decided to roll down his window. I quickly yell out "WHAT WAY DO YOU WANT TO GO!!!!". He responds "TO THE RIGHT *******". I yell back "THAT's WHAT YOUR DAMN TURN SIGNAL IS FOR" and make him wait another traffic cycle REPEAT this scenario for 9 hours.
That's funny.

I have both hands occupied (one one the wheel and the other on the hand control) at all times but I still manage to use my blinker when I'm supposed to.

The cops don't use blinkers or obey the speed limit down here.
I had an idea for a bumper sticker. "I wish I had a badge, so I could drive like s**t".