The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

In the case of Chambers vs. God...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by jwolfe99
I do not think the thread starter intended this to be a religious debate.
I don't think this has turned out to be any sort of religious debate. At most it's be a discussion on agnostism.

Originally Posted by jwolfe99
Who did he think would show up to defend themself?????
Does it seem strange or wrong to you that some law firm in Corpus Cristi is defending God and aparrently getting "responses" from him about the suit?

I'm not sure which is crazier, the guy filing the suit or the lawyers that are defending and "communicating" with God.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:28 PM

Technically, nobody's defending god but himself and St. Michael

Remember, god said that the worldly courts do not have jurisdiction over this sort of case..
Old 09-21-2007, 04:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by calgaryhhr
I don't think this has turned out to be any sort of religious debate. At most it's be a discussion on agnostism.
There was a part I deleted on how Christians think I'm crazy for not believing in the bible and I though believing in the bible was completely irrational. In a lot more words that is. The way I worded it could have been viewed as either satire or demeaning. It could have been considered offensive by many who believe. I deleted it for being irrelevant and offensive before I heard any repercussions but I guess jwolfe99 saw it before deletion. That was my bad.

Last edited by captain howdy; 09-21-2007 at 06:26 PM.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:38 PM

I believe in HHR's all shapes and forms
Old 09-21-2007, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
There was a part I deleted on how Christians think I'm crazy for not believing in the bible and I though believing in the bible was completely irrational. In a lot more words that is. The way I worded it could either have been viewed as either satire or demeaning. It could have been considered offensive by many who believe. I deleted it for being irrelevant and offensive before I heard any repercussions but I guess jwolfe99 saw it before deletion. That was my bad.
I actually saw that stuff before you deleted it as well so I know what you were referring to.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by betterof2evils4
I also see that you changed your signature, Capt. Nice..
It was weird that this came up today because I was going to change my sig and my avatar today anyways. I got sick of Pepe. Penn is the **** if you can put up with his self-righteous atheist libertarian/Anarcho-capitalist BS. One of my favorite Penn quotes is, "Sure, we're smug, self-righteous, pompous and self-important *******s, but damn it, we're right!". For the avatar Saget because he's the man!

Last edited by captain howdy; 09-21-2007 at 06:27 PM.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:01 AM
jx3

I think the point the Congressman is making is that it is way to easy to file frivolous lawsuits. Which I would have to agree with. His religous beliefs have nothing to do with it.

Chambers, a self-proclaimed agnostic, said he's trying to makes the point that anybody can sue anybody. He said his filing was triggered by a federal lawsuit he considers frivolous.
Old 09-22-2007, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by jx3
I think the point the Congressman is making is that it is way to easy to file frivolous lawsuits. Which I would have to agree with. His religous beliefs have nothing to do with it.
Now on that one I agree 100%. Seems like we are going to a sue me state, its everyones fault for not making me do what I should have the common sense to do myself. IMO.. Excellent point JX3 and thanks for posting it.

Julian
Old 09-24-2007, 04:57 PM

Please don't judge all people in Nebraska by Ernie Chambers. HE is always looking for attention!
Old 09-24-2007, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I'm sorry. I deleted that part while you were typing because after I re-read it I though it could be considered offensive even though that wasn't my intent. Even though that's how I feel it was irrelevant to our current conversation. I should type my final thought before hitting the post button.
Captain, I am sorry, must not have worded my response very well. I was not offended in any respect to what you posted. Your opinions are just that , yours. For the record I find some of them amusing and thoughtfully stimulating. Though on occassion I may differ with your opinion and even strongly disagree, that is what Freedom is all about.. I will try to word my responses better in the future.

Quick Reply: In the case of Chambers vs. God...