The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Chicago Sun-Times write-up.

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 10:38 PM

I don't agree with the automatic upgrade! I love having a stick. As for calling it an SUV, please don't insult my intelligence! The car is built on a Cobalt platform and has neither the room/ground clearance, or towing capacity of and SUV. I would not even classify it as a full blown station wagon. The Jetta wagon blows it away with interior capacity and versatility. As for the price he paid... ripped off! The resale is so shoddy on this car that my $23K new car was only worth $14K 6 months later with 6K on the Odometer. Who would pay $27K for this car considering what is out there that you can buy for less?
Fun to drive it is. Versatile, sort-of. Economic...depends if you like the skinny!

Jim
Old 12-02-2009, 01:06 AM
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

Errors & etc.. Bottom line the HHR got in the news !!!!!

So that in itself is a good thing imo...
Old 12-03-2009, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by Jeda13
I don't agree with the automatic upgrade! I love having a stick. As for calling it an SUV, please don't insult my intelligence! The car is built on a Cobalt platform and has neither the room/ground clearance, or towing capacity of and SUV. I would not even classify it as a full blown station wagon. The Jetta wagon blows it away with interior capacity and versatility. As for the price he paid... ripped off! The resale is so shoddy on this car that my $23K new car was only worth $14K 6 months later with 6K on the Odometer. Who would pay $27K for this car considering what is out there that you can buy for less?
Fun to drive it is. Versatile, sort-of. Economic...depends if you like the skinny!

Jim
Give the guy break on the SUV deal. GM classes it as a SUV. It is part of the game with the MPG to get the averages past the goverment for CAFE.

The PT is a SUV unless you have a drop top and it becomes a car since it has no rear hatch and storage.

Also the $27K is MSRP. Many of us paid less than $23K.

The guy is only a paper writer and is working from info given to him by GM in a press guide. Who know he may not even own a car living in Chicago.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
Give the guy break on the SUV deal. GM classes it as a SUV. It is part of the game with the MPG to get the averages past the goverment for CAFE.

The PT is a SUV unless you have a drop top and it becomes a car since it has no rear hatch and storage.

Also the $27K is MSRP. Many of us paid less than $23K.

The guy is only a paper writer and is working from info given to him by GM in a press guide. Who know he may not even own a car living in Chicago.
but still he needs to get the facts straight