The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Company vehicles changing

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2014, 12:43 PM

Company vehicles changing

We recently went to the Huntsville office to collect the other XTerra, which we're going to try to sell with its twin here in Birmingham, and my bosses are working on what will replace them.
I was working on it, research-wise, but they wanted something still in production if at all possible. After numbing my mind over the assortment of toaster-shaped fad rides and way too swoopy Hyundais, I slapped together
an idea of how a Panel would look if pressed into service for us.

I wanted a really mild Ghostbuster-esque kinda cool.

This is just a quick-n-dirty. If it grows on 'em, I can work out the details.

Last edited by spacer; 03-07-2014 at 01:22 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:14 PM

You do realize they no longer make the HHR?
Old 03-07-2014, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by jczboy
You do realize they no longer make the HHR?
Yes, I am aware, but that doesn't make it a pretty neat little vehicle for what we're after.

Image should show up fine now. I inadvertently stuck it behind some secure space on my hosting account.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:15 PM
Administrator

Neat Idea, but will they want a fleet of 3 to 8 year old HHR'S
Old 03-07-2014, 02:26 PM

Well, the fleet would be two cars, and so long as they're reliable I think we'll be fine. Unless... there's a reason an HHR would be unsuitable for hauling computer hardware around locally.
I haven't had any experiences in my '06 that would have me worried about it.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:33 PM

Not enough EMF shielding?
Old 03-07-2014, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew
Not enough EMF shielding?
Old 03-07-2014, 08:14 PM

Seem like a good idea to me. With the cost of new cars today are fire department just bought a used 08 trail blazer for our assistant chiefs response vehicle.

He is not complaining because he now has a fully loaded trail blazer with heated seats to drive and take home. With a new vehicle it would be just the basics very little options.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Lucky
Seem like a good idea to me. With the cost of new cars today are fire department just bought a used 08 trail blazer for our assistant chiefs response vehicle.

He is not complaining because he now has a fully loaded trail blazer with heated seats to drive and take home. With a new vehicle it would be just the basics very little options.
I've never bought a brand new car. I just couldn't really swallow the idea of the instant depreciation. If I pick something up with 40-50k miles that has been well maintained, I'll keep it pretty much just like it is for a good, long time.
Same here... if we bought two brand new vehicles, not only would they lose value for not being new... there's a certain stigma that attaches itself to "fleet" vehicles. While they're usually regularly maintained, the drivers frequently don't take the same care they would if it were their own ("drive it like ya stole it...")
We're ok with low mile, well maintained used. The most important things are: fuel economy and cargo space. My HHR provides both pretty well, especially with the back seats down... I'd just rather not ding up my interior.

So far, the Panel seems like a perfect fit.

Then, when it comes time to replace that... I may be able to pick it up cheap and customize the heck out of it.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:50 PM

Spacer... That is very smart. I service a fleet that loves there HHRs & and have had very good luck with them. I think your graphics would look great on some.

Quick Reply: Company vehicles changing