The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Cyclists: Post pics of your steeds

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 12:10 PM

Thumbs up Cyclists: Post pics of your steeds

I know there are bicyclists on here, show off your bikes...

I will post a couple pics of mine this evening
Old 07-10-2006, 04:46 PM

I guess it is time to post some bike pics

2006 madone SL Project One bike:

2001 Klein Quantum Race:

1997 Cannondale:

2001 Trek Fuel 90:

2005 Trek 5000 WSD - Wife's bike:

E

Last edited by endeavorc; 07-12-2006 at 06:32 AM.
Old 07-10-2006, 05:00 PM
jx3

Sorry, don't have any pics.
My last bicycle ride was about 6 years ago, when I went to pick up my Jeep Cherokee. The reason for that being my last ride, was cause my second to last ride landed me in the ER. I was hit from BEHIND if you can believe that. An older guy driving a Honda Accord apparently did not see me and I ended up sliding down the hood of the Honda and then several yards on the road.
Before that, I used to bike 25 miles/day, and took part in several "tours" to raise money for charities.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:33 PM

My other ride is a Specialized!!

I'd love to post a pic of my New Specialized sport...but i don't know how!! My hubby has a new Gary Fisher...but it's orange...so i won't carry it on my Purple HHR when i get my bike rack!!
Old 07-12-2006, 06:31 AM

To post a picture, go to the gallery section and click on the upload button. From there you can browse to the folder that you have your pictures and upload the picture. Once you have the picture uploaded, go to the picture, right-click the picture and click on "properties", highlight the location area for the picture and copy it. The location area starts with "http://" and ends with the name of you picture "****.jpg" Copy only the http://...../*.jpg. Start a new reply and lick on the button with the little mountains and paste what you copied there.

Example, the location for my pictures are: https://www.chevyhhr.net/gallery/fil.../file_name.jpg

Hope this helps
Old 07-12-2006, 06:35 AM

jx3,

Sorry to hear about your accident. You definitely have to watch out for drivers, most never pay attention and some have the belief that you should not be allowed on the roads
Old 07-12-2006, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Carshowgirl
I'd love to post a pic of my New Specialized sport...but i don't know how!! My hubby has a new Gary Fisher...but it's orange...so i won't carry it on my Purple HHR when i get my bike rack!!
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...2543#post52543

And on another note, you bicycle people are crazy! I got a car so I wouldn't have to ride such things.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:31 PM

my bikes

Name:  05-vertex-30-red.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  25.6 KB

Old 04-06-2007, 07:34 PM

No pictures but my ride is a classic Sears women's 10-speed. I ride because it's easier on my arthritic knees than walking. I have a problem in that my hands go numb when I lean on them while holding the handle bars. Does anyone sell the old classic handle bars? I would really love to get a recumbent bike but they're way too expensive. Is there a website that sells used ones?
Old 04-07-2007, 01:45 PM

It might just be bad riding position, but changing handle bars can be a pain, where are the shifters? you would need to change the brakes for sure.
do you ride with cycling gloves? they make a big difference. also get the handlebar tape thats cork or foam.
try tilting your seat back a little or raising the bars with a new stem.

Honestly though,IMHO, why not try some of the newer bikes ,the type called "comfort or cruiser" bikes, they have a plush ride and front suspension. and you can get a decent one for under 300 US

as for recumbents alot of the manufacturers do make them just ask at your local bike shop, but yes, they are not cheap.

Quick Reply: Cyclists: Post pics of your steeds