The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Dealer Brochure on 2008 HHR SS

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 09:09 PM

So lets talk about this new baby.
It`s Turbo Charged and Intercooled, I`ll bet the engine compartment will be a show piece.
If the intercooler is in the lower grill, and according to the pix, there`s a mesh grill in place, I think a silverish intercooler with some sorta light set-up would be Fantabulous...
Old 07-17-2007, 10:37 PM

well it's been a long time coming.
That engine compartment looks interesting but there's not much detail there.
I for one wish the grille bar was a little lower, but maybe they need it there for maximum cooling with that t/c setup.
Old 07-18-2007, 02:21 AM

I think Chevy/GM should of left Victory Red in the past with the Spring Edition.

I have a '06 Spring Edition and I like the fact that I am one of two Victory red/SE HHR's within Bakersfield and one of 2300 period.

Special Editions should have special colors that aren't available in any other model or year afterward.

Just my $.02.

P.S. If the HHR SS is offered in an auto, I will be in line to buy one once they hit the dealers. Personally I like manuals for cars like this, but I have a bad left knee (4 surgeries) and the wife can't drive stick to save her life. Now its autos for life....
Old 07-18-2007, 06:50 AM

Glad to see information in print on this. Makes it more of a reality.

I doubt you will see a SS Panel. You might be able to special order on. But I don't see it happening. They will not put rear seats in the panel folks, too many safety issues there.

5speed, this should have the 6 speed. Glad to see no auto offered.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:22 AM

Without a doubt, GM would certainly increase their sales of the HHR SS if they offered an automatic...
Old 07-18-2007, 08:27 AM

i would rather have a auto just because i dont like how low the shifter is, if the center console was redesinged i would consider a 5 speed, which should be a 6 speed.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by solman98
Glad to see information in print on this. Makes it more of a reality.

I doubt you will see a SS Panel. You might be able to special order on. But I don't see it happening. They will not put rear seats in the panel folks, too many safety issues there.

5speed, this should have the 6 speed. Glad to see no auto offered.
seems that if you want the panel, you don't need back seats anyways....
Old 07-18-2007, 10:52 PM

Thumbs up 2008 HHR brochure

I got my copy of the 2008 HHR brochure today, from my dealer. This is page 9 of the brochure...When I first saw this, I thought they might actually be producing 2 tone HHRs now. However, at the bottom of the page it says "HHR Panel 2LT in Silverstone Metallic/Black (not an available color combination)." Then why put it in the brochure?!?!? Oh well, maybe they are getting closer to producing the 2 tone from the factory.

Old 07-18-2007, 11:09 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by ymerej_mortsdnil
When I first saw this, I thought they might actually be producing 2 tone HHRs now. However, at the bottom of the page it says "HHR Panel 2LT in Silverstone Metallic/Black (not an available color combination)." Then why put it in the brochure?!?!?
They had to do something with the panel that GM was touring the auto shows with.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:03 AM

Here's what GM sent me in a email today:

No plans have been announced to produce an HHR SS. The website “chevyhhr.net” is not maintained by General Motors. Thus, General Motors is not responsible for the content of the website.

Although literature is not available at this time, we have processed a request to receive product information regarding the 2008 HHR. Once this information is available, you should receive it.

The HHR was scheduled to begin production on June 25, 2007. Vehicles generally begin arriving at dealers about 6 to 8 weeks later. Please keep in mind that production dates are preliminary and subject to change. Your preferred Chevrolet dealership is in the best position to advise you of when the 2008 HHR will be available in your area.

The Chevrolet website should be updated with 2008 HHR information on August 28, 2007. We recommend you periodically check for updates on the website listed below.

Once the HHR is available, contact your local dealer to schedule a test drive. If you are not familiar with one in your area, you may locate one at the website below. On the homepage, you will click on the Locate Dealer link.

At Chevrolet, we strive to provide outstanding customer service. If we can be of any further assistance, please email us or call 1-800-950-2438 between the hours of 8:00 am to 11:00 pm Eastern Time, seven days a week. Thank you for contacting Chevrolet.

Sincerely,

The Chevrolet Marketing Team
http://www.chevrolet.com/

Quick Reply: Dealer Brochure on 2008 HHR SS