The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

false badges

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 02:12 PM

false badges

My mom was sold an hhr lt from a used dealer.. some previous owner put ss emblems on it and that is what the dealer told her it was...
Actually stated it was a rare, hard to find super-charged model...
He is denying it now that she found out it is just a plain model, 2006 did not have the ss model...

He really took advantage of her... I guess I am just looking for sympathy..ha ha

We have filed everything and are waiting for a judgement from the Dept of Justice, or then it is to small claims, she just wants her money back
Old 01-18-2014, 02:25 PM
Deceased

to the forum!

Sorry to hear that your Mom was taken advantage of, it stinks to put it mildly.

But because of the litigation already underway, and the possibility of a countersuit which could expose you and the forum to civil litigation, I've had to delete your post naming the dealer.

Not picking on you, but as a Lawyer, I can tell you that it's best to wait until things are settled before naming names.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:28 PM
Platinum Member

Question: does it actually have a supercharger installed? The SS had a turbocharger which is a totally different animal as we all know.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by whopper
Question: does it actually have a supercharger installed? The SS had a turbocharger which is a totally different animal as we all know.
Well, there is that......and it's an '06.........likely has neither.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:46 PM
Platinum Member

exactly!!! I'm just curious what the mods were that have been done to the vehicle to sucker them in.
Old 01-18-2014, 02:57 PM
Deceased

Sad to say, but sometimes folks can be suckered in by a decal, add that to not knowing anything about HHR's....and you get a deal like we have here.

If I add up the non-SS "HHR SS's" that I've seen in the last year were talking 20-25 just in the Charlotte area.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:26 PM

Anything in writing? Like "HHR SS" on the invoice or title.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:42 AM
Administrator

Sad state of affairs, SS has always been a point of sale in the GM world, from RS/SS Camaros to SS Chevelles and El Caminos, HHR's. SS badges just don't make a car go faster, stop better and the HHR SS did not show up to the party until 2008. I hope the court system weigh's heavily against the snake oil salesman that took advantage of your Mom! Buyer Beware!!
Old 01-22-2014, 04:25 PM

The advertising he posted has all the emblems focused on in the pictures, and his statement
it is not on the title but I was told that would not the options... the vin number does indicate it is a 5 speed even thought it is an automatic.
It is buyer beware, but it is deception when the word of the someone knowing is relied on.
(isn't it)
Old 01-22-2014, 06:24 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by hhrd
The advertising he posted has all the emblems focused on in the pictures, and his statement
it is not on the title but I was told that would not the options... the vin number does indicate it is a 5 speed even thought it is an automatic.
It is buyer beware, but it is deception when the word of the someone knowing is relied on.
(isn't it)
Unless I am mistaken the VIN DOES NOT INDICATE the type of transmission. Close as it gets is the type of engine!!

Quick Reply: false badges