The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: Fliers,Busness cards, effective tools ???
Have you given out fliers? Business cards?
59.62%
Any replies?
15.38%
Did you receive a flier, business card?
11.54%
Waste of time?
42.31%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Are Fliers effective?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 08:24 AM

Whats up with this Thread what are we talking about. Replies, Fliers, Business Cards, Wast of Time and Now Internet will some one please tell me whats up w/that. By the way My answer to your question is I have issued out Business cards and received 1 reply.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:34 AM
Banned

Did anyone else notice if you add the percentage numbers of people who voted in this poll it comes out to 138.46%? I think handing out fliers is pointless and a good way to piss people off. If somebody tries to give me one I tell them go away and if I find one on my car I get pissed and toss it out without reading it. I can't stand any form of solicitation for any reason.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:38 AM

I think BB is refering to fliers about HHR get togethers or runs. but i could be wrong?
Old 10-27-2006, 09:00 AM
Founding Member

I found out that many of the people I meet are not true enthusiasts OR don’t want to bother to get involved online.

Think of it this way. There were millions of Camaro’s sold over the years, yet the largest Camaro message boards have 100-200 thousand members. Small percentage of drivers takes advantage of the knowledge on benefits of being involved.

I get emails from members all the time thanking me for the service since they found a killer deal on a new or slightly used part they really wanted.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by JonyyB
I found out that many of the people I meet are not true enthusiasts OR don’t want to bother to get involved online.

Think of it this way. There were millions of Camaro’s sold over the years, yet the largest Camaro message boards have 100-200 thousand members. Small percentage of drivers takes advantage of the knowledge on benefits of being involved.

I get emails from members all the time thanking me for the service since they found a killer deal on a new or slightly used part they really wanted.

JonnyB
Your so right, you know I find that there are a lot of people that do not even have a Computer. They reply to me No I don't have one and I do not know how to use one. So their thats a problem in its own.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:14 AM

99% of the time if I am handed a flyer I toss it without even looking at it.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:03 PM

Not 100% right !!!

Originally Posted by oldschoolfreak
I think BB is refering to fliers about HHR get togethers or runs. but i could be wrong?
I made up a flier, and envelope to contain it, offering the oppurtunity to join me and any other HHR owners/operators, in a neutral park ( in the Chicago area) to meet and show off our Rides and discuss them, mods, problems, etc.
Also the .NET site was given so they could check it out, and possibly join in.
The only reply I got was from the Z.
I thought it was sorta strange at first that I got no replies, but over time I`ve come to believe that most HHR drivers aren`t really as into their Ride as most people on this site are.
Plus the fact in Chi-Town, most car clubs have a very bad reputation for starting trouble. So people just don`t get involved.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:15 PM
Founding Member

yeah but sometimes ya get that one! And that makes all your efforts all worth it!

I hand out ChevyHHR.net cards and comment that there are sorts of things people are doing to customize their HHR's. I either I'll place a card at the driver door handle between the glass and body or hand it directly to the owner/driver. I mention this site, along with SoCalHHRs.com, are a wealth of information if their interested. I don't twist their ears off about it. They either come visit or they don't.

When I get fliers placed on my car(s), I toss 'em usually because of their subject matter. I always look to make sure while they were leaning to put thatpaper under my windshield wiper, they dident scratch up my HHR with their buttons/rivits from their britches. That would piss me off. They are rarely related to my interests. Gardening, mortgages, credit repair, yadda yadda yadda.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:26 PM

I really prefer to hand them to the person, especially since I don`t want anyone coming near the Cruck, let alone touching (ouch). But after I try to ring a bell or something, I leave it carefully, in an envelope.
The reason I started this thread was because I think I`m gonna cease and desist handing them out in the up-coming year.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:32 PM
Founding Member

My ratio personal handing to someone to leaving in the window channel is 50:50

Quick Reply: Are Fliers effective?