The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Gas Prices Choking Californians

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 11:57 AM

Question Gas Prices Choking Californians

Yeah, I saw it on the news this morning and threw up in my mouth a little .

Why is it going up again, and how could it go up 50 cents in a week? Is it the unrest in Libya, or something else? Opinions welcome.

But I know gas prices are going up around the country, and what I really wanted to know is, do you think this will affect any of your HHR events, or road trips?

My husband commutes 45 miles twice a day (1hr+ on the road each way most days) taking the mileage hit on his Magnum, while Mitzi sits pretty in the garage. On the weekend, though, she comes out and becomes our "heavy hauler" because of the wonderful trunk access. I know that gas prices will affect us in that we won't be planning that "road trip vacation" I am dreaming of.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:03 PM

No opinion the cause is the unrest in Saudia Arabia. They control 10% of the oil and have a large effect on the market. They are supressing the uprest so far but if it gets out of hand you have not seen the last of the increase.

The next big issue is the supply on hand and the increase of demand by China. the next 4-5 years could be telling if our goverment does not work to help increase production. China needs or and will out spend up if needed.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by mitzkity
Yeah, I saw it on the news this morning and threw up in my mouth a little .

Why is it going up again, and how could it go up 50 cents in a week? Is it the unrest in Libya, or something else? Opinions welcome.

But I know gas prices are going up around the country, and what I really wanted to know is, do you think this will affect any of your HHR events, or road trips?

My husband commutes 45 miles twice a day (1hr+ on the road each way most days) taking the mileage hit on his Magnum, while Mitzi sits pretty in the garage. On the weekend, though, she comes out and becomes our "heavy hauler" because of the wonderful trunk access. I know that gas prices will affect us in that we won't be planning that "road trip vacation" I am dreaming of.
They use ANY excuse to raise the gas prices!
Old 03-14-2011, 09:51 PM

My road trip to SoCa is good to go.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:55 PM
Premium Member

OK so its good your driving the Panel you will have enough room to carry cash for the gas!!
Old 03-14-2011, 10:00 PM

price of gas

They raise the price because they can.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:21 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by jay loukakis
Precisely.............. grumble/grumble
Old 03-15-2011, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by jay loukakis
If it were only that simple on a traded commodity. That is the problems.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by donbb82
They use ANY excuse to raise the gas prices!
And that's really what it comes down to. The speculators use every event to force prices up. The joke of the matter is that several OPEC countries have vowed to make up for any production losses caused by Lybia's issues. So prices really should not be going up. More over, with the Japan pretty much at a stand still and the record stocks of oil sitting on docks, the price per barrel has dropped nearly $10 in the past few days.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:26 AM

The other contributing factor is the devaluing of the dollar from the "stimulus"" packages.

Quick Reply: Gas Prices Choking Californians