The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

GM to let customers return cars for full refund

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 02:17 PM

A local chevy dealer is offering an extra $500 off if you don't join this program
Old 09-11-2009, 02:18 PM

Thats why they had to replace my headliner, I wont go back for service to that dealer.

Originally Posted by XXL
Or maybe just fix the ungodly rattles in my dash and headliner that I've taken it in 3 times for them to resolve... and without leaving grimy prints all over the light gray material this time. Bastages.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:18 AM
tjm

Or maybe just fix the ungodly rattles in my dash and headliner that I've taken it in 3 times for them to resolve... and without leaving grimy prints all over the light gray material this time. Bastages
if you have only gone 3 times your lucky, i have had my ss over a year, can't count how many times i have been in, they have a pile of paper work on it as thick as a school text book, and those rattles have still come back and when i get it back there are more rattles, and yes the headliner is a mess. this time i took the car in because the stereo is cutting out and a water leak, get the car back and rattles evrywhere sounds like it is going to fall apart. now i am going to shop for a dealership that feels confident they can fix it because it is obvious this one cant.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:01 PM
XXL

Originally Posted by tjm
now i am going to shop for a dealership that feels confident they can fix it because it is obvious this one cant.
With half of them closed and the other half mostly falling into the "I don't know what I'm doing" category, I've run out of dealerships in my area.

I now just live with (and bemoan) that one rattle on the back edge of the sunroof opening that's right in my ficking ear for every single inch of my drive. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Old 09-15-2009, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by SSguy
It'll help imo..

I think they outta offer a 5yr/100,000 mi. bumper to bumper warranty..
yeah GM put your money where your mouth is. If they did 4yr 50k that will definately sell cars too
Old 09-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Founding Member

The Rules

Congratulations on your purchase of a new GM vehicle. In connection with your purchase, you have the option of taking advantage of the GM 60-Day Satisfaction Guarantee. The complete terms and conditions of the GM 60-Day Satisfaction Guarantee are described in a separate set of Customer Terms and Conditions that the dealer will provide to you. Some of the key elements of the program are:

1. You must keep the vehicle for at least thirty (30) days. If you are not completely satisfied with the vehicle after thirty (30) days, bring it back to the dealership and the dealer will take it back and pay you the buyback price specified on this form. The buyback price is intended to cover the purchase price you paid to the dealer for the vehicle as well as all sales taxes applicable to your purchase.

2. You must return the vehicle within sixty (60) days after the date of your purchase. If the dealership is closed on the sixtieth day, you may return the vehicle on the next day that the dealership is open for business.

3. The 60-Day Satisfaction Guarantee extends only to the vehicle itself, including optional equipment installed by GM at the factory. It does not cover anything else you may have paid for, purchased or financed at the same time. For a complete description, look at the Definitions in the Customer Terms and Conditions. For example, the 60-Day Satisfaction Guarantee does not cover:
• accessories (whether GM accessories or not) or other aftermarket equipment;
• service contracts or insurance you may purchase from the dealer or a third party;
• dealer fees;
• title and registration fees or other governmental fees; or
• negative equity (when you owe more than the vehicle is worth) on a trade-in vehicle.

4. There is a mileage limit on the 60-Day Satisfaction Guarantee. The vehicle may not be returned if the odometer shows that the vehicle has travelled more than 4,000 miles since the delivery of the vehicle to you.

5. There is a damage limit on the 60-Day Satisfaction Guarantee. The vehicle may not be returned if there has been more than two hundred dollars ($200.00) worth of damage to the vehicle at the time of the return, even if you have made the repairs. In addition, if the vehicle has been in an accident, it may not be returned.

6. Since you do not own a leased vehicle, the 60-Day Satisfaction Guarantee does not apply to leased vehicles.

7. The 60-Day Satisfaction Guarantee is available only to individual natural persons who purchase an eligible vehicle. The 60-Day Satisfaction Guarantee is not available to any fleet buyer or to any business or corporation.

8. Each household can only return (or take the cash back alternative below) on a maximum of one (1) vehicle under the 60-Day Satisfaction Guarantee.

Check one of the following:
 Vehicle (refer to VIN below) is eligible for return under the Satisfaction Guarantee
-OR-
 Vehicle (refer to VIN below) is NOT eligible for return under the Satisfaction Guarantee
Please check the appropriate box below:
 Customer elected to take an additional $500 purchase incentive in lieu of the “60-Day Satisfaction Guarantee” program
 Vehicle is a fleet purchase
 Vehicle is purchased by a business, corporation, partnership, utility, rental car company, federal, state or local government
 Vehicle is leased
 Vehicle is a dealer-owned used vehicle
 Vehicle is a dealer demonstrator vehicle
 The customer listed below has previously returned a vehicle or taken a cash back alternative under the Satisfaction Guarantee Program
 Vehicle was a Drivers Education vehicle
 Vehicle was a Dealer Rental Vehicle
 Vehicle is a GM Employee PEP unit
Old 09-15-2009, 09:00 PM
XXL

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
5. There is a damage limit on the 60-Day Satisfaction Guarantee. The vehicle may not be returned if there has been more than two hundred dollars ($200.00) worth of damage to the vehicle at the time of the return, even if you have made the repairs. In addition, if the vehicle has been in an accident, it may not be returned.
That's one door ding or scratch from a belt buckle.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:06 PM

Too bad the guarantee isn't already in place with a 14 month guarantee... I would walk away from my HHR nightmare in a heartbeat...

Perhaps GM is smart enough to think it will take a little longer than 6-8 weeks to realize what a piece of crap they build...

Oh wait... Maybe it won't take that long to experience problems. Here is my 14 month experience with the last GM vehicle I will ever buy:

07-05-08 New 2008 HHR Purchase 42 miles
07-12-08 PROB LR Door Gasket hanging out of door/will not stay in place 348
08-12-08 PROB Driver Side Headliner Noise intermittent 1187
09-17-08 PROB High Pitch Engine Noise intermittent 2477
09-25-08 PROB Right Rear Door Noise intermittent 2814
10-05-08 PROB Paint badly chipping on lower rear fenders (at 12 weeks?) 2955
10-12-08 PROB Rear Chevy Emblem corrosion/delamination failure 3400
11-25-08 PROB Knock/Clunk in front suspension intermittent 4399
12-07-08 PROB Brakes beginning to squeal whenever applied 5356
01-07-09 PROB Right Coat Hanger will not retract 5988
02-14-09 PROB Grease on Driver Window Glass whenever lowered/raised 6100
02-25-09 SERVICE Disassembled and repaired coat hanger (self) 6234
03-03-09 PROB Radio quits working 6400
03-04-09 SERVICE Fixed Radio/Checked Fuses/Wiggled Wiring (self) 6437
03-15-09 High Pitch Engine Noise no longer present or noticed 6677
04-17-09 PROB Loud squealing at all times when lowering driver window 6712
04-30-09 SERVICE Driver Side Headliner Noise repaired 7867
05-03-09 PROB LF Upper Door Gasket squeaking loudly against door 8112
06-24-09 PROB Knock/Clunk in front suspension worsens 9756
07-01-09 SERVICE Rear Emblem replaced 10393
07-01-09 SERVICE Front Sway bar links replaced 10393
08-15-09 PROB Rear Passenger Headliner Noise 11776
09-08-09 SERVICE Brake Squeal investigation 12247
09-08-09 SERVICE Rear Passenger Headliner Noise Repair 12247
09-09-09 PROB Rear Pass Headliner Noise not repaired. Still present 12255
09-09-09 PROB Brake Noise not repaired. Still present 12255
09-11-09 PROB Driver Seat Belt retract mechanism failing/won’t retract 12466

Oh yeah... The last time I had it in for service at my local Lafayette Indiana Chevrolet Dealership, the counter guy claimed that they found NO brake noise, but when the guy from the back brought the car back out (right by the counter) with loudly squealing brakes, the counter guy didn't know what to say...

The mechanic overhearing my frustrated exclamations, made the statement that they couldn't repair a vehicle that had problems "engineered into it from GM". He further stated that "ALL HHR brakes squeal all the time" and basically the feeling I got from my dealer was just, "See ya."

...and during the same visit the headliner was "repaired" by stuffing some foam in it, however it started rattling again as I left, less than 300 feet down the road...

Well, guess where I am at with GM...

SEE YA!

Last edited by Redline Toys; 09-20-2009 at 07:31 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by stephenm
A local chevy dealer is offering an extra $500 off if you don't join this program
I guess he's basically purchasing his own lemon insurance! As a customer, it wouldn't give me a lot of confidence if I was made that offer.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:50 PM
LBJ

Originally Posted by JB Toronto SS
I guess he's basically purchasing his own lemon insurance! As a customer, it wouldn't give me a lot of confidence if I was made that offer.
The $500 incentive in lieu of the 60-day guarantee is a part of standard program (read details above). I just purchased an HHR SS and took the $500 instead of the 60-day guarantee.

Quick Reply: GM to let customers return cars for full refund