The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

GM Responds to Criticisms from Vehicle Websites

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 12:13 PM
Platinum Member

GM Responds to Criticisms from Vehicle Websites

This MAY be interesting to many people here. I know that several members of another vehicle forum were contacted and a resolution was provided. They were contacted on-line AND a satisfactory resolution was "engineered" in privacy.

I did know, at one time, some GM engineers INFORMALLY monitored product forum websites (Corporate policy prevented an "unauthorized" spokesperson). GM has now made it official.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010032...-online-gripes
Old 03-25-2010, 12:25 PM
Founding Member

They also will be contacting any customer who has 5 warranty claims on 5 seperate dealer visits in one year. The criteria is that the dealer had to of submitted a claim to GM and the customer has never contacted GM Customer Assistance during that year.

If you went to a dealer and they did not submit a claim to GM you won't be in the group called. This would be for customer vehicles that the complaint was not duplicated.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:18 PM
Platinum Member

Based on other GM sites....Cadillac, Corvette, Malibu, Impala, the GM "Service Rep" will sign on the site as a respondent/member.

They only assist with references to addressing problems. They DO NOT offer information on specific fixes.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:54 AM
Founding Member

I think they are trying to show that they are becoming a proactive company unlike a certain import manufacturer who became proactive after they were caught being underhanded in their disclosure process of problems.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by ChevyMgr
I think they are trying to show that they are becoming a proactive company unlike a certain import manufacturer who became proactive after they were caught being underhanded in their disclosure process of problems.
They are responding to save 'face.' Isn't that an Asian term?

GM, unlike Toyota, leaves the underhandedness to their dealers.

That is typical of American car companys.

Did you hear the new Toyota slogan?..."Once you drive a Toyota you won't be able to stop!"

Besides there is STILL no consensus on the cause or the cure of the supposed throttle sticking problem....except now the media is not reporting this as a 'crisis' any longer it seems to have cured itself.

As I've posted before, GM needs to stop spending millions advertising quality and start delivering quality!
Old 03-26-2010, 10:59 PM

Having only owned one Toyota, I would still buy another in a heartbeat if they made one I liked. I learned to drive on a '77 Celica GT. A most beautiful and now VERY rare car, that vehicle was flawless even after 180K. So sad when my dad let it start to rust and eventually got rid of it.
As for Chevy, I've driven/owned an '87 Suburban, '94 Suburban, and a 96 Pontiac Firebird v6 5 speed. All were great cars and delivered exceptional service and reliability. I just hope my HHR lives up to such standards.

Jim
Old 03-26-2010, 11:37 PM

So, I wonder if I will be in the group called.... I've had my HHR in approximately 5 times (at least), and to 3 different dealers. (4, but the one didn't do any work because they said it wasn't warranty, so they didn't send anything to GM).

This was all within a 1 year period.

Plus I've posted NUMEROUS times on Facebook about problems or taking the HHR in for work... I am a Fan of GM, so they can see that, and I've even posted things before on the GM fan page.