The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

GM Vehicle Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 06:36 PM

GM Vehicle Pricing

With the sticker prices on their cars at the $20K+ for a basic car (Like a HHR LT1). The salesman told me that the car would cost $24K.. I said that was 10K more than I paid for my '06 in '06. Then the Equinox at $5K-10K more than an HHR, is way more than I'm willing to part with.

I think GM has a long way to go to selling cars to the "poor" people today.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Old Lar
With the sticker prices on their cars at the $20K+ for a basic car (Like a HHR LT1). The salesman told me that the car would cost $24K.. I said that was 10K more than I paid for my '06 in '06. Then the Equinox at $5K-10K more than an HHR, is way more than I'm willing to part with.

Sorry but GM is just catching up to the rest of the market. The average car today is ner or at a average price of $29,000.

Say what you want about the Nox but even at the higher price it is a sell out. Dealers are only coming down $500 off sticker and people are buying them as fast as they can make them. My local dealer sold 14 in 4 days at that price.

People want more quality and GM needs to make a profit. Selling small cars at a loss just to move them has not worked. So today they are building better quality and offering features not offered in the other cars for the same price. This is a trick Hyundai has used to make a impact vs Honda and Toyota.

GM has some smaller cheaper cars coming so. I am sure you will not like them as they are small but they will in the low price range as the others on the market and they are the same size.

I am not thrilled with the prices now either but if they can sell them for it more power to them. We want a Nox LTZ and the sticker is near $33K. It has features the old one never had and is a much better vehicle. We plan to wait till sales slow and we can get a better discount off the sticker.

The fact is the HHR's GM has been selling for less than $20,000 have not been making much if any money for them. Things like this lead to Chapter 11 and bailouts as we have seen.

GM is the buisness to make money not just supply cars to poor people.
It is hard to make money with social justice.
Old 05-19-2010, 02:21 PM

I guess Kia and Hyundai's are looking better and better every day.. When a new GM car costs $29K with that being nearly one half years salary, GM is never going to break even or get out of bankruptsy.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:38 AM

I guess Kia and Hyundai's are looking better and better every day.. When a new GM car costs $29K with that being nearly one half years salary, GM is never going to break even or get out of bankruptsy.
Note that $29,000 is the average price of all cars sold today not GM cars. This also inludes your Korean friends too.

Also with Kia and Hyundai you get what you pay for.

I have friends at a Hyundai dealer and they drive GM.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:08 PM

Yea I was looking at a new HHR before I got this used one. The lowest they could get me for a stripped down one was 19K (LS with 2.2 and no accessories). I told the dealer that no way I would pay that high on a vehicle that is a basic people mover. A few days later I find my current HHR for 13K with only 17K miles with everything but leather/turbo/sunroof. Very inflated pricing but its the only way they can survive. I hope GM stays but its all the matter of their decision makers at corp.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by hyperv6
GM is the buisness to make money not just supply cars to poor people.
It is hard to make money with social justice.

I think that was the same attitude Henry Ford had...and look where that got him...

Oh wait...
Old 05-31-2010, 02:48 PM

I tell you what, you look around for a new car under $20k that is a base model with THIS MANY FEATURES! Not gonna happen. You will be hard pressed. Cars under 20k don't have electric windows, keyless entry, power mirrors, remote start, XM radio with CD, Cruise, ABS, traction control, ect., ect.,..... Point is the HHR is the best bang for the buck with the most room. That is why I bought one, and I did a lot of looking at new cars under $20k.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:32 AM
Founding Member

All posts above moved from GM Profit thread. They were off topic.

With the sticker prices on their cars at the $20K+ for a basic car (Like a HHR LT1).
Found this on the internet.

2011 Cruze Pricing:

Pricing Detail:

Cruze LS starting at $16,995, including:

Standard 1.8L Ecotec engine and six-speed manual transmission
The most standard safety features in the segment, with 10 air bags, StabiliTrak electronic stability control with rollover sensing, traction control, anti-lock brakes, collapsible pedal system, power rear-door child safety locks
Standard OnStar, with a six-month subscription including Turn-by-Turn navigation
Standard convenience features including air conditioning, power windows, power door locks with remote keyless entry, driver information center, and XM Radio with three month trial subscription

Cruze LT starting at $18,895, including:

Standard 1.4L Ecotec turbo and six-speed automatic transmission
16-inch wheels

Cruze Eco starting at $18,895, including:

Standard 1.4L Ecotec turbo and six-speed manual transmission
Segment-leading expected 40 miles per gallon highway
Standard 17-inch alloy wheels with ultra low-rolling resistance tires, and enhanced aerodynamic performance package

Cruze LTZ starting at $22,695, including:

Standard 1.4L Ecotec turbo and six-speed automatic transmission
Standard six-way power driver seat, leather seating surfaces, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
Standard cruise control, Bluetooth phone connectivity, USB port with audio interface, steering-wheel mounted audio controls, and remote vehicle start
Standard automatic climate control, auto-dimming inside rearview mirror, and ultrasonic rear-parking assist
18-inch alloy wheels

Major available options:

In-dash navigation system with 40-gigabyte hard drive, enabling pause-and-play radio, downloading of audio CDs, or transferring MP3 files from a USB memory device
Pioneer Audio system, with nine speakers and 250-watt amplifier
Heated leather seats
Ultrasonic rear park assist
RS Appearance package, including rocker moldings, unique front and rear fascias, front fog lamps, and rear spoiler

Last edited by ChevyMgr; 06-04-2010 at 11:01 AM. Reason: admin edit
Old 06-04-2010, 10:28 AM

Very cool! Not too bad of pricing, but I'd have to wait for a few incentives to kick in...which would probably be a while.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:11 AM

They should have stuck the LNF 2.0 in the LTZ, that 1.4T is going to be weak sauce.

Quick Reply: GM Vehicle Pricing