The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Gmc Granite Pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 11:54 AM

xB xB xB
Old 01-11-2010, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
YIKES!
Indeed... This looks even worse to me than the Aztec. Anyway, to each his own....

Yves
Old 01-11-2010, 12:28 PM

x2
Old 01-11-2010, 04:10 PM

It does have that scion x/b look going on with the honda element clam shell doors added and the interior looks way too busy......few years back looked real close at the x/b (too small), purchased two elements (wasn't the least impressed with them), got rid of an 03 (ugly panels) after three years, got an 06 that was all paint (it was still "a honda"), only lasted 30 months and then found my SS. Won't be going anywhere anytime soon.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:23 PM

GMC Granite the HHR of the Future?

Since the HHR is leaving and the Orlando is taking on a more Minvan like look where do people who want the anti minivan turn.

Granite by GMC. THis Xb sized box will carry a 1.4 Turbo with a Six speed. It is wider than a the Honda Element and shorter than the Xb. Built on Delta II this vehicle looks to be 90% production and I would guess has a good chance as a 2012 model.

Old 01-11-2010, 04:52 PM

Like it or not this is the new trend of the future. The HHR has had it's run as well as the retro thing. The fact is the entire market and industry is moving to more modern themes. Also GM needs to sell cars world wide not just in 50 States and Canada. Much of our retro designs are lost on 4n buyers. We may have a few friends overseas for out HHR but most do not understand it and think it to be very hidious. Most do not understand what a 48 Suburban was or is. I have read some Euro reviews and stories on the HHR and they have no idea what it represents. The Granite has a modern look that would play well world wide. GM is now selling cars like they should have for a world market with minore tuning changes and not 500 different models for 500 different markets. This is why the Asian companies have been eating their lunch.

This thing should do well with a wide age group. I hope GM wises up and learn the older gen tend to love these vehicles more than the collage crowd. At least it is not just an Orlando clone. GM is out to make cars for everyone. If everyone here loved this I would say they did something wrong.

It is quite large inside for it's overall size. I saw a mountain bike in it that would have been a tight fit in my SS.

While it is not what I would buy I am glad GM has done something like this and will take a share of this market. I just wish it was a Buick and a little more Mini like vs Xb.

At least unlike Honda they got paint on all the fenders.

We have a lot of new GM cars to come in the next 5 years and this is only the start. In time we all will find new favorites. We have a BMW looking Malibu to come at Detroit as well some Zeta II and Alpha RWD cars to come in the next year to two years.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:01 PM

don't like the suicide back doors....hope they lose that in the production model
Old 01-11-2010, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by stephenm
xB xB xB
Appliance...........Appliance...........Appliance

Old 01-11-2010, 06:04 PM

ahhh but appliances can be sexy sometimes I even drool at the microwave
Old 01-11-2010, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by JuMPy
don't like the suicide back doors....hope they lose that in the production model
I would like to see the suicide doors. I like the whole look, If that is about 90% I'll take one. 2012 will be about time for a HHR replacement .
I had a 05 xB & liked it. Not as a long trip car but for a DD it was fun, lots of room for a old fat guy. With the seat down the stuff that I could put in that car would make folks smile...

Quick Reply: Gmc Granite Pics!!