The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Got my FIRST WAVE today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 08:59 PM

Got my FIRST WAVE today!!!

I was on my way to get a haircut this morning, and my gal just happens to be up the street from my car dealer (Selman Chevrolet in Orange, CA). As I approached the intersection, I see a *new* Victory Red HHR turning and headed in my direction. As it came around a truck I noticed that it was not only a new HHR, but an SS too!

Of course, since it was a bracing 70F today, the sunroof was open, so my hand shoots up and I start waving. He must have thought "what the ??" and as he came closer, realized I was waving at him and I was in an HHR and lo and behold, he actually waved back!!

In my 6+ months with Blackie, that was my *first* official HHR wave!
I'm even more thrilled as it was an SS and from my same dealership!

And the rest of my day was filled with flowers and sunshine.

the end.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by afs9

And the rest of my day was filled with flowers and sunshine.

the end.

Wish I could get flowers and sunshine too. Only had one or two good waves around here, mostly weird looks
Old 03-01-2008, 01:26 AM

I used to get waves in the PT all the time.
So far no waves in the HHR.
Only people pointing and looking.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:49 AM

Ok, now I don't feel so bad.
No waves, not even when I wave and shoot the aoogha horn.
I just get lots of PT's giving me dirty looks or folks staring trying to figure out the truck.
The other day while out riding a guy was hurt badly on his bike. I turned into an EMT and helped get the guy to his pickup location as he was from San Diego and hurt his head and broke a finger. His friends, him included were more interested in just what it was I was driving and bout fell over when I popped the back doors to get his stuff in.
Mostly, just a LOT of staring !!!

gesh you'd think they never saw a truck before LOL
Old 03-01-2008, 08:34 AM

I keep trying...but no real waves yet...a few half-hearted hand gestures in response to my ear-to-ear grin, thumbs up, and frantic wave...but that was probably only because they thought I was going to chase them down if they didnt do *something*.

usually the HHR's I see are all headed in the opposite direction, at speed...so by the time they realize I aint swattin' bees, but I am waving to them, we've already passed.

Just once...JUST ONCE I'd like to be waved AT, not waved back at.

I see a Sport red Met. HHR in the morning..I've passed him on the freeway a couple times now. It's too dark for him to see me waving...he has aftermarket wheels, and a small sticker on the rear quarter glass, so he's "in to"his HHR...but just doesnt seem interested in sharing that in a gesture.

I am glad you got the wave....I'm still waiting to be waved AT.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:19 AM

This morning I'll be driving down the 'mother-lode' for where I see the most HHR's, Pacific Coast Highway (Long Beach to Newport Beach). But they seem to be mainly tourists in rented ones. But like SW says, most are just driving too fast to wave at.

So other then the occasional one finger salute from other non-HHR folk (come on--I wave to them from my sunroof too! ), I haven't been waved at either...so this was cool.

And I'm hoping Mr. New Red SS see's how friendly we HHR guardians are! (Seriously, it looked like he had just got it and was taking it out officially for the first time.)

It looks like it will only be flowers and no sunshine outside today...

Last edited by afs9; 03-02-2008 at 08:55 AM. Reason: doh!
Old 03-02-2008, 12:16 AM

We got a big smile from a dark red '06 today in the Henry's parking lot...driver was wearing one of those "old car" shirts with woodies all over it and I gave him a big THUMB's UP!
Old 03-02-2008, 11:43 AM

So far, no acknowledgment from other HHR owners while in motion, Several individuals have have offered positive comments on my HHR while it was parked, including one guy driving a big BMW SUV that probably costs about 70 grand. We talked a bit about the HHR and his opinion was that it looked better than the PT Cruiser.

I just hope the HHR never becomes a favorite among car thieves.

WR
Old 03-09-2008, 09:36 PM

Still no waves, but a pickup truck tried to race me today.
I was sitting at a light, and the pickup next to me started revving its engine like it wanted to race.
No thanks. I left the light normally.