The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Gun Control

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 10:28 PM

Guns dont kill people, Husbands that come home early from work do!!! LOL

Seriously i own several 2 hand guns and 4 rifles including an (ar 15) and an aka I dont hunt but i do target shoot with them and its peace of mind out on the farm that not to many crooks would like to see!!!

I once found a guy triin to steal gas from my Brother-in-laws tank in my back yard at like 3 am walked out fired about 2 shots in the air and watched this guy tear arse through a feild ( wiped it about 4 times) i got 3 new gas cans and a good laugh out of it!!
Old 04-26-2007, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by oldschoolfreak
Guns dont kill people, Husbands that come home early from work do!!! LOL
Now thats funny right there!
Old 04-26-2007, 07:41 AM

if you outlaw toilet paper, then only outlaws will have toilet paper

someone should use a gun on a certain "crow"...
Old 04-26-2007, 07:50 AM

Forgive my ignorance, but there must be some gun control in the States... Does it vary depending on where you live? I know that there are "waiting times", but could someone tell me what the average American would have to do to acquire the following:

AR-15, Glock 9mm, and 500 rounds of ammo for each.

I'm just curious...
Old 04-26-2007, 07:58 AM

I'll just say this.....The dedicated homicidal maniac WILL find someone who will sell him the weapons to kill you with. Be prepared. If you are going to own a gun, be responsible and get training on proper handling. Continue your training on a regular basis. If you have not handled your firearm in five years, you are not going to be proficient with it. Oh, and please don't wave it out the window at the guy who cut you off in traffic. *BE* *RESPONSIBLE*
Old 04-26-2007, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by krishaynes
Forgive my ignorance, but there must be some gun control in the States... Does it vary depending on where you live? I know that there are "waiting times", but could someone tell me what the average American would have to do to acquire the following:

AR-15, Glock 9mm, and 500 rounds of ammo for each.

I'm just curious...

depends on which state.
for exa, im pretty sure states like NY, and Cali, the AR is out. unless you had already owned it. those states also still have a ban on "standard mags" (+10rds).

states like FL ( ) any rifle/shotgun you can take it home that day (pending BG check comes back OK). handguns are a 3 day wait. there is no restrictions on ammo. (other than your wallet)

i just picked up 1K rounds at a gun show. its easier than buying a few boxes at a time, or the store to be out.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:11 AM

Don't know if that last comment was for me, but I thought I'd just add a bit so people know where I'm coming from.

When I was in the Canadian Forces I was trained to use, among other things, the C7A1 (Canadian version of the AR-15), and the Browning 9mm pistol.

In any case, there is little to no chance I'd ever be able to own the C7A1 or anything like it as it is classified as a “prohibited” weapon. As well, it would be very difficult for me to obtain the Beretta as it is classified as “restricted”. This assumes that I wish to obtain them legally.

I just wonder what the process is like in the States for the average American who wishes to own similar firearms to the ones I’ve described.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:13 AM

Thanks for the info - so it does very A LOT from State to State?
Old 04-26-2007, 08:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SICKS.OH
depends on which state.
for exa, im pretty sure states like NY, and Cali, the AR is out. unless you had already owned it. those states also still have a ban on "standard mags" (+10rds).
Not necessarily. My buddy Corry picked up a brand new Israeli AK-47 at a gun show around here not too long ago. I think you can still purchase assault weaponry but can't buy it at gun shops. I think it has to be purchased off of a personal trader. I don't know our gun laws all that well because not only does it vary by state but here in New York I believe we have a different set of gun laws for New York City and the state.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:45 AM

Here are the state by state gun laws

http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/Default.aspx#?st=AZ

Quick Reply: Gun Control