The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Happy Fathers Day

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by SindyDix
Happy Father's Day fellas!

Mr. B's first Fathers Day as a Grandpa.
Life, it doesn't get any better than this!

Congratulations to you too, Sindy--or should I say Grandma!

@ngelita
Old 06-15-2008, 06:42 PM

Happy Father's Day to all!

This is a sad one for us. My dad is in the hospital with pneumonia. At 75 and already on oxygen from asbestosis, he's got a long recovery ahead.

But, the really sad part about this day is my boys chose to spend it with me rather than their father who lives only 50 miles away. I encouraged them to call him but they still remember how he abandoned them years ago and did not visit or call for years. It's truly his loss!
Old 06-16-2008, 06:10 AM

I didn't get a Father's Day, nor did I get a birthday (I turned 40 on 6/10). It certainly wasn't a stellar week for me, that's for sure.
  • Bride was too busy to stop working on my birthday, although she wasn't too busy to stop working the day before when her mother wanted to go shopping.
  • Bride decided to return home from a wedding with her twin sister on Saturday at midnight...banging doors and leaving lights on...waking me up and not allowing me to get back to sleep--they both had to take showers to be ready to take twin sister to the airport, of course.
  • Bride also decided to set her alarm for 4 AM so she could take twin sister to airport.
  • Groom (me) got exactly 2 hours of sleep, no Father's Day rememberence as Bride decided to sleep in until 11 AM (after she returned from airport, of course).
  • At least my 10-year old gave me a card and hung out with me at the ballpark in which I work.
  • Oh, and I got called "unreasonable" when I complained about the whole fiasco. Apparently, her family didn't agree with me when I thought it wasn't all that nice for her to have done all this.

Gee, I wonder what cardinal sin I committed in order to get my kicked like this.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by ccsubruce
I didn't get a Father's Day, nor did I get a birthday (I turned 40 on 6/10). It certainly wasn't a stellar week for me, that's for sure.
  • Bride was too busy to stop working on my birthday, although she wasn't too busy to stop working the day before when her mother wanted to go shopping.
  • Bride decided to return home from a wedding with her twin sister on Saturday at midnight...banging doors and leaving lights on...waking me up and not allowing me to get back to sleep--they both had to take showers to be ready to take twin sister to the airport, of course.
  • Bride also decided to set her alarm for 4 AM so she could take twin sister to airport.
  • Groom (me) got exactly 2 hours of sleep, no Father's Day rememberence as Bride decided to sleep in until 11 AM (after she returned from airport, of course).
  • At least my 10-year old gave me a card and hung out with me at the ballpark in which I work.
  • Oh, and I got called "unreasonable" when I complained about the whole fiasco. Apparently, her family didn't agree with me when I thought it wasn't all that nice for her to have done all this.

Gee, I wonder what cardinal sin I committed in order to get my kicked like this.

it was Fathers Day not Husband Day.
better known as daddy daycare day around here.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by mudd274

it was Fathers Day not Husband Day.
better known as daddy daycare day around here.
I'm not exactly sure what was meant by this comment. But if I'm reading this correctly, I'm sure your husband (and/or the father of your children) is one happy man. Then again, I just might grow wings and fly to Venus tonight.

I did a nice job of making sure my bride was well taken care of on Mother's Day. While I don't expect things, I hoped I'd get treated nice. That didn't work out too well.