The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

HHR is gone, my new car.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 02:15 AM

Congrads SFH, from one previous SS owner to another. I wish you luck. I've always been on the fence with those Scion's. I started to like the older cubes and then they changed them. I can respect the jap take on a euro theme look to them. How's the interior? Cheap feeling? I honestly don't know, I just suspect, being Toyota's lower line.
Old 08-30-2011, 05:52 AM

I have never seen anyone under 60 in one of these around here. Old people seem to love em.

Good Luck!
Old 08-30-2011, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by SS fan
Fish out of water ? Isn't the BBQ the next stop ?

They did a nice job on the outside, I like the hid projectors, and you didn't have to make them yourself.

So bolt in a supercharger and you won't miss the V8 so much.
Nah, Turbo TRD (basically GMPP) used to make supercharger that didn't void anything but discontinued it. So gonna see how this car goes before putting any non TRD parts onto it. Planning tint for 2 weeks from now when I am off work though.

Originally Posted by Gas Man
Congrads SFH, from one previous SS owner to another. I wish you luck. I've always been on the fence with those Scion's. I started to like the older cubes and then they changed them. I can respect the jap take on a euro theme look to them. How's the interior? Cheap feeling? I honestly don't know, I just suspect, being Toyota's lower line.
Actually my SS had more rattles at 12k when I got it used then this does. The interior isn't bad at all. Yes it is not the best design, but it has my USB, Ipod, nav, extra phone holder unit that lets you run the wires under it in cupholder, stupid things that at 25 I love to have. I had a Camry rental and this interior seems just as good as the regular toyota did.

Originally Posted by hyperv6
I have never seen anyone under 60 in one of these around here. Old people seem to love em.

Good Luck!
haha I never saw anyone in an HHR around me who was my age either. But there is a huge Scion crowed in NJ and Philly all kids in 20's so I am hoping to try to get as active as I can in that.

PS: this forum needs a multi-quote options.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:06 PM

Around here most HHR owners are 25-50 and Scion owners are 60-75. Same old age for the Element drivers.

Pt owners are about the same age as HHR owners but the convertibles are all owned by 20 somthing blonds.

Soul owners 25-50 like the HHR and PT.

Nissan Cube owners tend to be that odd person that no one can figure out.
Old 09-05-2011, 12:20 AM

SFH... it does have multi quote... the + between quote and quick reply.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:52 PM

Ah ha. I am on my phone most of the time I am posting so yeah don't really notice little icons.

Went out yesterday and saw an 05 RS 2.0 so parked there. Still working on the driveways and some spaces but for DD parts the lowered isn't really an issue anymore.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:14 AM

Congrats on the new car. I'm not a huge fan of the xB, but as long as you like it that's all that matters. The second gen xB definitely looks much better than the first gen though imo. Anyway enjoy the new ride.