The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Hit at Wal-Mart

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
That's the bad part. I was parked a mile from the place. I came out to no vehicles around me and a cart that had magically rolled uphill into my door. It's seems like Wal-Mart is a pretty common place for accidents.
That's why you don't park totally away from everyone else, you need blockers.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:18 AM

i park away from everbody and i come out of walmart and wow a dent in the back above my tire no carts or anybody around i think people dont want you to have nice things so they mess your up
Old 06-21-2007, 09:38 AM

looks like you dad is going to be getting a new tailgate. Hope he wasn't too attached to the old one

People have no respect for others property. Of course some don't care about their own property. I just don't get it
Old 06-21-2007, 11:46 AM

It sucks when something like that happens. Looks like he did all the right things to getting it taken care of and hopefully he gets it back soon.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:03 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by EL_REY
anytime an accident occurs, call the cops.. simple as that

i learned the hardway when some stupid kid in his daddys Merc-Benzo hit me from behind; i was nice cuz my parents knew the kids family(and kid was literally in tears that he had wrecked like 4 times already) and i was like give me the vitals i need...long story short the kid was like i didnt do anything, and finally he said it was just a scratch... well his dad was a good sport, i got the estimates, $450.. dent scratch wasnt worth fixing, and i went on a small vacation...

ALWAYS CALL THE POLICE AND MAKE A REPORT

ps : this was luck, i also have a 2003 Harley D F150 and some lady, while we were in home depot getting some stuff, with a huge 4x4 with hitch also rammed into the tailgate of my truck...she was ready to jet when some old mexican (and illegal, ironic?) made her stop and look for us in the store...well long story short, i ended up with close to 800; we fixed it outselves and kept about 500.. CALL THE POLICE NO MATTER
Good point, but........

A number of legal jurisdictions will not respond to a "private property", i.e., parking lots, etc. accident, unless there is serious injury or very extensive property damage. Some jurisdictions will not respond to a public road accident unless damage excedes $1000 or has personal injury. And that was what I was trying to determine.....if the enforcement agency had jurisdiction.

Hillsdale......

So, is the other parties insurance covering the cost of damage or will it come from your dad's coverage? Again, I'm being curious. If it's being "nosey", tell me to drop it....you won't hurt my feelings.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:14 PM

Michigan is a no fault insurance state. I think his insurance covers it and then goes after hers. The lady was very forthcoming that she had made a big mistake and gave my dad all her information including insurance. I'm not home enough now to talk much to dad. I've worked 44 hours since Monday plus 12 hours of driving.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:27 PM

It doesn`t take very much, to get $1,000.00 worth of damage on todays automobile.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
That's the bad part. I was parked a mile from the place. I came out to no vehicles around me and a cart that had magically rolled uphill into my door. It's seems like Wal-Mart is a pretty common place for accidents.

REMOTE CONTROLLED CART
Old 06-23-2007, 05:32 PM

Repair Estimate came in at $3,100. Goes in on Monday to be fixed.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:43 PM

Walmart's parking lots are an accident waiting to happen and the carts are out of control. 3/4 of the carts they have are always left in the parking lot. They are too cheap to have someone bring them in.

Quick Reply: Hit at Wal-Mart