The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

I got my second ticket in my HHR

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 01:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Airborne_Beachbum
Not necessarily true about getting a ticket. You would probably get off with a warning as long as it is within the legal limits of where your car is registered. I got pulled over in Nevada for having LED lights on my windshield washer squiters. The state trooper said they are illegal but, I told him that there are legal in FL (which they are as long as its not blue or red) and he let me go with a warning. On the other hand though, it's can be used as an easy excuse to pull you over and hit you up with a different ticket.
You got lucky then. Police are suposed to enforce their state laws not the laws of other states.
Old 04-10-2006, 02:28 PM

Well, here we go... I live in Oklahoma, but work in the DFW area, N. Texas. I haven't done my windows on the HHR yet, but plan on doing them the same as my Silverado; light tint over the factory in the back which equates pretty much to limo, then match the front windows to match the back. Luckily for me, I have a Private Investigator's license and the judges thus far have been kind and thrown out the couple of tint tickets I received. I heard that I can go to the DPS and they will put something on my DL that identifies my occupation so it doesn't have to go before a judge. The cop will pull it up when he pulls me over. That would save a little hassle....

There are quite a few folks from Oklahoma that commute into Texas and the State Troopers as well as local law enforcement don't seem to both us with OK plates anymore than the folks with TX plates. It pretty much depends on how fast your going that will get you pulled over....

CBL
Old 04-11-2006, 05:37 PM

I just tinted the front 2 doors to match the factory tints, and I added tint, slightly lighter, on the front window, and pray I don't get stopped, but I like the look of a complete blacked out windows all the way around. I do not know the laws here regarding tints, but I do know that it is completely illegal on the front window. I post pix later today or tomorrow when I take them.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:06 PM

Them Deer that hit my car had the Limo tint.... no wonder they coun'd see where they were going..
Old 04-11-2006, 06:50 PM

Captain why didn't you just hit the reset button(sets tint back to factory specs in emergency situations) Sorry could not resist
Old 04-11-2006, 07:52 PM
Banned

I couldn't find it in time.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:31 PM

I'm not sure what the law is here in OK, but it would be hard for the to give me a ticket for my 20% when all the cops in my town have limo on all their windows.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:34 PM
Banned

None of the police have tint on their windows around here. Not even on the unmarked cars.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:45 PM

I've noticed that here too Navy, in all three of the towns I drive through going to work each day, Bokchito, Durant and Calera, all the cops have dark dark tinted windows. I was told that Oklahoma had tint laws, but I don't remember what the percentage was. I have limo on my Silverado and I've been in and out of the state for about 7 years with dark tint on all my vehicles and the Oklahoma cops haven't bothered me. Texas on the other hand got me a couple times before I officially moved up here. Luckily the judges threw them out for me. I haven't done the HHR yet, but I'm planning on limo all the way...

CBL
Old 04-11-2006, 10:06 PM

I'll be going to Texas in two weeks to go to 6 flags for my daughters cheerleading competition. don't know which car we are going to take yet. if we take my 2 daughters and one of their friends we will have to take the wife's durango. If my oldest takes her PT them we will take my HHR. We'll see.

Quick Reply: I got my second ticket in my HHR