The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

I have just lost someone....

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 10:14 PM

Exclamation I have just lost someone....

I have been in St. Augustine the past 2 days spending the night at the hospital because my dad. I have been in St. Augustine the past 2 days spending the night at the hospital because my dad. Unfortunately I had to make the choice (because I was next inken (spelling))to pull the plug as he wasn't getting any better. It sucks to see him go and it's still a touchy subject as of right now, but I think I did what was best, and what he would have wanted. Just incase your wondering what happened, he was on his boat (it was docked) and had a stroke and went overboard and underwater for about no more than 30 seconds. The girl who tried to help save my dad and keep his head above water before help came said when she took his head and was holding it above water he started siezing. The EMT got there and had to use the things that jolt you (forgot what they are called but you probably know what im talking about) and got his heart to start beating again. They took him to the hospital and then had to put him on a ventalator inorder to breath. His condition didn't improve since the first time i seen him (Thursday I think) and always seemed cold to the touch (his hands)). They did testing on his brain last night (and got the results at 10 this morning as the doctor was late) was told the test results. Very little brain activity and if he where to make it would need constant attention and would not be able to talk, walk or eat. He would have to be fead through a feeding tube. I had to make the choice (because I was next inken (spelling))to pull the plug as he wasn't getting any better. It sucks to see him go and it's still a touchy subject as of right now, but I think I did what was best, and what he would have wanted. Just incase your wondering what happened, he was on his boat (it was docked) and had a stroke and went overboard and underwater for about no more than 30 seconds. The girl who tried to help save my dad and keep his head above water before help came said when she took his head and was holding it above water he started siezing. The EMT got there and had to use the things that jolt you (forgot what they are called but you probably know what im talking about) and got his heart to start beating again. They took him to the hospital and then had to put him on a ventalator inorder to breath. His condition didn't improve since the first time i seen him (Thursday I think) and always seemed cold to the touch (his hands)). They did testing on his brain last night (and got the results at 10 this morning as the doctor was late) was told the test results. Very little brain activity and if he where to make it would need constant attention and would not be able to talk, walk or eat. He would have to be fead through a feeding tube. Just waiting for the hospital to call now and confirm he passed.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:23 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss, Kenny. Our thoughts go out to you and yours.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:24 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss Kenny. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:30 PM
jx3

Condolences to you and your family.

It's terrible that you had to make that decision. "Living wills" take that burden away from loved ones and everyone should take the time to have one.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:46 PM

Our Condolences to you and your family Kenny, I am sure you did what your Dad wanted you to do. The Lord will look over Him & I am sure your Dad will be with you in Spirit.

Z & Fam
Old 07-13-2008, 11:02 PM
Banned

Sorry to hear about your Dad, Kenny. I can't even imagine having to make that choice being the only "next of kin" to make that decision.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:57 PM

Sorry to hear of your loss, Kenny. Hopefully with support from family (and your HHR family), time will help heal. We will all keep you in our thoughts.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:06 AM

oh man Im sorry that you had to go through that I know its hard to belive but he is in a better place now
Old 07-14-2008, 12:27 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss.... It does sound like you did what was in his best interest. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:48 AM

So sorry to hear about your loss Kenny. It is so hard to lose someone you love. Our prayers are with you.

Quick Reply: I have just lost someone....