The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Interesting Story on my Wheel Vintique Rally Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 10:38 AM

Interesting Story on my Wheel Vintique Rally Wheels

So, this story starts off about a year ago when I found some Wheel Vintique rally wheels/tires for sale on Craigslist. I purchased them, and have had them sitting around for some time now. My original intent was to have them powdercoated but I can't find any powder close enough to match my 09 Aqua Blue Metallic HHR. I gave up, and have now decided to paint them instead. About a month ago I bought the paint and supplies to paint them factory color but still had the tires on the rims. Fast forward to a couple days ago when I took the wheels to the tire shop to have the tires dismounted in order to prep/paint wheels. When I was picking up the wheels, I noticed "Cyclespot.Inc" written on the insides of all 4 wheels. So my curiousity got the best of me...I googled cyclespot and found a website called Cyclespot. com which is related to motorcycles. I emailed the webmaster for the site telling him of my findings and he replied back to me that the original owner of the website, also owned a local motorcycle aftermarket shop here in Tucson up until a couple of years ago. Apparently, he had a custom HHR and committed suicide a couple years ago. His shop closed and his possessions including the HHR were sold, and website handed off to new owner. He sent me some pictures of the HHR that my wheels came off of, and thought I'd post them because it shows one of those PTeazer front ends installed.
Name:  Cyclespothhr5.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  68.5 KB
Name:  Cyclespothhr4.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  63.8 KB
Name:  Cyclespothhr3.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  35.0 KB
Name:  Cyclespothhr2.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  51.3 KB
Name:  Cyclespothhr.jpg
Views: 887
Size:  83.7 KB
Old 09-02-2010, 10:54 AM

I remember that HHR. Last I saw of it it was sitting in some sort of impound lot and they were trying to sell it.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:57 AM

Aha, there was a post on here a while ago about that HHR up for auction with more modern wheels on it. Now we know what happened to them.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:04 AM

The members screen name that owned it was Quasimotor and he was our June '07 Featured HHR
Old 09-02-2010, 11:28 AM

He was a nice guy. I had talked to him a few times about his stuff from teazer.
Old 09-02-2010, 11:28 AM

I knew I had seen photos in the gallery...... Nice ride, too bad the owner is no longer with us.

sgtsteve, be proud of those wheels, may they serve you well.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:05 PM

Is this the thread you're referring to? https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...hlight=pteazer

I remember seeing this car on Craigslist also, I suppose it is the same car?

Seems weird to have ended up with these wheels, after I've put the puzzle together. I will be putting these on after I get them painted and tires...hopefully soon. Which brings me to a question, anyone know if the babymoon caps can have dents removed? The metal is a little thick on these, some of the caps have small dents on them, apparently someone banged them with their fist or a mallet.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by sgtsteve
Is this the thread you're referring to? https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...hlight=pteazer

anyone know if the babymoon caps can have dents removed? The metal is a little thick on these, some of the caps have small dents on them, apparently someone banged them with their fist or a mallet.
Here in Denver we have a lot of paintless dent removal shops that roll dents out with body tools from the back. They're popular here because of our high incedence of hail storms. If you have a shop in your area that does this, that would be a good bet. It should be reasonable since they don't have to take the car apart and the caps are small and easy to manouver for the process.