The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Liars! This is RIDICULOUS!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 12:54 PM

seafoam is a good product that has been around for a while!!
works great for cleaning older engine crank cases and fuel systems.
the tornado is a piece of crap with no value what so ever!!
the nitrogen in tires may or may not increase mpg but the main purpose for it is to keep a consistant tire pressure where as air will change with the climate like more psi when hot out and lower when cold. I dont think it is sold as a mpg saver per say??
Old 06-24-2008, 01:13 PM

Yes, nitrogen for tire fill has always been for the purpose of stabilizing tire pressure against changes in ambient temperature.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:18 PM

seafoam, is a great product. It works wonders on cleaning combustion chambers.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:48 PM

Berrymans B12 also works really well.....when I worked parts , the local shops either ordered B12 or seafoam....B12 is cheaper , buts works well..whenever my truck would start acting up I'd drop a can and it would clean the inj right up!
Old 06-24-2008, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by oldschoolfreak
seafoam is a good product that has been around for a while!!
works great for cleaning older engine crank cases and fuel systems.
the tornado is a piece of crap with no value what so ever!!
the nitrogen in tires may or may not increase mpg but the main purpose for it is to keep a consistant tire pressure where as air will change with the climate like more psi when hot out and lower when cold. I dont think it is sold as a mpg saver per say??

I have not researched enough to know if seafoam is good for the applications that you state. So I don't disagree.

However for new engines, well maintained new engines, it is not needed.

Lets clear up the May or May not on the nitrogen. It WILL increase your mileage a tiny tiny amount if you completely neglect (read gross neglegence) to check your tire pressure regularly. Other than that it has NO VALUE. But if you can get it for free or nearly free (like 4 tires for $10) by all means go for it, it can't hurt. Everyone knows that AIR is 78% Nitrogen already and 21% oxygen....All that the 95+% Nitrogen can give you is drier gas that will leak from your tires slower. Which translates into a more stable tire pressure over different environments, and ones that leak slower.

All that equates into absolutly no-gain if you check your tire pressure regularly. The dic and tpm makes this dummy-proof.

The tornado is not worth my time to discuss. If you have one, recycle it NOW. If you know someone that has one, take it and recycle it.
You put it best ...it's CRAP
Old 06-24-2008, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
Yes, nitrogen for tire fill has always been for the purpose of stabilizing tire pressure against changes in ambient temperature.
Sorry, that statement is a total crock and contrary to proven science.

Read up on the "gas laws" and learn that they are all subject to the same known laws.

Gawd, some people are victims of the combination of their ignorance and marketing hype to get their money!!
Old 06-25-2008, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by JoeR
Sorry, that statement is a total crock and contrary to proven science.

Read up on the "gas laws" and learn that they are all subject to the same known laws.

Gawd, some people are victims of the combination of their ignorance and marketing hype to get their money!!

My concept of marketing is to use somethin exotic and expensive like xenon claiming that the larger molecules won't leak out as fast and you will never have to check your tire pressure. I'm sure many would fall for it.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Clevelandhhrss
I have not researched enough to know if seafoam is good for the applications that you state. So I don't disagree.

However for new engines, well maintained new engines, it is not needed.
No "New" engine needs seafoam...its more for older engines when performance starts to fall off, or if you know you been getting bad gas.

I cleans motors wonderfully. After years and years of deposits, in minutes all the deposits are gone, and the car will idle and run much better.
Old 06-25-2008, 10:00 AM

very interesting... if you look through this forum... MPGs SSMPGs... some of those posts clain the same MPG as some of those ads mentioned... or very closes. HUM?

that s why you look at the epa sticker and try and figure what the actual MPG might be... the good news is that all the MFGs are supposed to use the same method to determine city/hwy... even if the formuala is flawed. that is why i always say that my avg mpg is based on so many miles

28.4 on a 2100 mile avg. you can assume that it is a mix of all kind of driving condition (winter/summer)

prioor to my last oil change (over 10,000 miles) we averagged 27.8 mpg
our 2006 2.4 auto 23/30 big print

18/27 city little print
26/35 hwy little print

SO I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT MY 06 HHR HAS AN EPA HWY MILEAGE OF 35 MILES TO THE GALLON

HAVE TO READ THE WHOLE STICKER
Old 06-25-2008, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by REDFLYR
very interesting... if you look through this forum... MPGs SSMPGs... some of those posts clain the same MPG as some of those ads mentioned... or very closes. HUM?
Good observation, redflyr. I would tend to agree.

P.S. Be careful talking about a formula flaw, JoeR may rip into you and call you ignorant...