The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

music !

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
One of my prized possessions is a pick that he tossed to me on the Vulgar Display Of Power tour, when he was still calling himself Diamond. It's black with white writing, Pantera on the one side and his signature on the other. I was in the front and tossed him a little uhmmm.......something. He had to get his second name from somewhere.
i had a washburn signature edition and sold it 4 months before he died , i have a bunch of his alien head pics and i have the whole bands autograph from where i met them at a ozzfest off day show

also i have his signature strap with the chrome band with his name embossed in the leather
Old 08-22-2006, 07:51 AM

I am into mostly contemporary christian also. We some of our human videos to 3rd day. They are good, although some people don't like Mack Powell's voice. Also, I haven't heard anyone say anything about POD, Swithcfoot, and Pillar. They are also awesome bands who bring a message. I know there's a lot of controversy about POD, but I still think of them as a christian band. Just listen to the lyrics. There's also 12 Stones and a band called Day of Fire. As far as striaght rock, you can't beat the Doobies, Lynrd Skynrd ( I never did know how to spell the dang name), Boston, Toto, I could go on and on. THat's all for now.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:19 AM

From this and other threads about music, I am beginning to think I am the only one who likes country music here. Where are all the Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash fans? And I don't care as much for new country music, but you can't beat the classics.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by mizzouHHR
From this and other threads about music, I am beginning to think I am the only one who like country music here. Where are all the Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash fans? And I don't care as much for new country music, but you can't beat the classics.

<-----------------big johnny cash fan

not much on modern country music though
Old 08-22-2006, 08:53 AM
Banned

Johnny Cash is awesome. There are a few newer non pop country acts that are cool like III and BR549.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:10 AM

george strait is the KING of country music

and me bieng from TEXAS... is there any "TEJANO" music fans out there? groups like Selena, Mazz, Emilio Navaira, Gary Hobbs? good stuff
Old 08-22-2006, 10:13 AM

Iron Maiden, Kiss, Queensryche, Dokken, UFO, Scorpions, Van Halen, Judas Priest, Alice In Chains, Motley Crue, Ronnie James Dio, Def Lepard (the first 3 albums), Cinderella, Fastway, Godsmack, Flaw, Megadeth, Metallica, Ratt, Frampton, Savatage, Seether, 3 Doors Down, Pantera, Stryper, Slayer, Testament, Tesla... I could go on and on... Having been a couple bands myself, music is a big part of my life. There are even a few country acts that I listen to, when the wife is in the car with me...
Old 08-22-2006, 12:00 PM

love Willie ! watch a PBS "American Greats" (or somehting like that) show on Willie (still in my DVR) a few weeks back....shows ya just how freakin' cool the guy is !

I like most type of music, from blues to country to metal to rock...just about any thing really....

so what on your iPod today (or your mp3 player device or even those CD things you have in the HHR ) hummm maybe this should be it's own thread, unless one is already out there ?

for me....all the Eagle lps (opps I mean CDs) and a few boots, all of Genesis, some Ray Charles, Collective Soul, Jackson Brown, Sheryl Crow, some boots of Donna The Buffalo (I'll be shooked to see some know who they are !) Joan Osborn...and one of my Favs Commander Cody !!! great truck driving music !
Old 08-22-2006, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by mizzouHHR
From this and other threads about music, I am beginning to think I am the only one who likes country music here. Where are all the Merle Haggard, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash fans? And I don't care as much for new country music, but you can't beat the classics.

Johnny cash was one of the coolest musicians to ever live.love his music . Waylon was great also. Delbert Mcclinton is great , rock , country , blues he can do it all. I met my wife at one of his shows.Her and a friend sat down next to me in a club , we started talking and six months later we were married. The best thing that ever happened to me , other than becoming a Christian !
Old 08-22-2006, 12:37 PM

James, I know some of the people on this forum may not believe this but the Doobie brother and Michael Mc Donald is one of my favorites. I like BIll Medley of the Righteous Brothers. If you ever get a chance to pick up his latest Christian album, do so. I am a blues man also. I like Muddy Waters, Lightning slim, Jimmy Reed also. Years ago I used to work for ABC records and have a lot of old albums.

Quick Reply: music !