The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

My OL vs the Dodge Service Dept.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 01:30 AM
Platinum Member

Thumbs down My OL vs the Dodge Service Dept.

Ok, my OL has an 08 Dodge Avenger SXT, (Good ride)...I spot a couple drops of red fluid on the shop floor after she goes to work. Check it later, & yes tranny pan has begun weeping oil.

OL wants to handle it all.. She goes to the Local Dealer for a Warranty repair. They call her later & tell her that her car (w/only 31,000 miles) is overdue for tranny fluid/filter service = $119. + tax

She calls me & says, it's gonna cost.. WTH, I swing by the Service dept & talk to the guy, he informs me that YES, they have to charge for that required service..After some serious talking, he reluctantly shows me a Manual tranny Service Chart, (Her car is automatic)

I go straight into the office, find the Big man, & show him that this is not required till 120,000 or 10 yrs.... He comes out & tells them to Fix & Service the tranny completely & NO CHARGE..

Women & men Beware !!!!
Can't trust them anymore...
Old 06-25-2010, 10:53 PM

They'll screw ya anyway they can... Did they even make a manual Trans for that car in 08? her's is 4 door right?
Old 06-25-2010, 11:08 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Axleburg
They'll screw ya anyway they can... Did they even make a manual Trans for that car in 08? her's is 4 door right?
Agreed... I doubt they did make a manual for it ? But they had to make a manual for the 2.4 in something that year..
Yep its a 4 door..

PS: got a phone call today from the Manager, he apologized & said next time she needs something done on the Avenger, stop & see him first.. He said the Service Tech looked up a manual tranny Avenger (yea ok).. (me, I'm hoping we don't need anything) ...
Attached Images  
Old 06-26-2010, 10:27 AM

oooh cute, a baby charger.......
Old 06-26-2010, 10:46 AM

it is no coincidence that they got the nickname "stealers"

Glad they straightened it out for you, though.

It is really sad that many shops see a woman come in alone and get $$ in there eyes like an old cartoon. Not that I don't trust my wife, but I always take our cars in for whatever they need.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by crazy_urn
It is really sad that many shops see a woman come in alone and get $$ in there eyes like an old cartoon.
X2. Had the same thing happen to my wife at the local Mazda "stealership" with a no-start issue on her 3...
Old 06-26-2010, 06:42 PM

I didn't even know they made those with a stick. I'm sure he gets so many in there to work on he was just used to grabbing that manual....
Old 06-26-2010, 11:06 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by steven&cat
oooh cute, a baby charger.......
Thanks, Yea we are hoping it grows up to be the real Charger.....

Originally Posted by crazy_urn
it is no coincidence that they got the nickname "stealers"

Glad they straightened it out for you, though.

It is really sad that many shops see a woman come in alone and get $$ in there eyes like an old cartoon. Not that I don't trust my wife, but I always take our cars in for whatever they need.
Thanks, I agree..I do take care of the rides & etc, but my OL was insistant on doing this..

Originally Posted by txbass06
X2. Had the same thing happen to my wife at the local Mazda "stealership" with a no-start issue on her 3...
That bites when they have to BS for biz...

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
I didn't even know they made those with a stick. I'm sure he gets so many in there to work on he was just used to grabbing that manual
After checking a bit, I don't think they can even come as a stick. Least not with the motor combo it has..
I would like to believe that, but I don't.. With the bays fairly empty, I think they tried to pull a fast one..Plain & simple..
Old 06-28-2010, 12:52 PM

I just went through the same thing. I took my HHR in for the 08 Auto SS no break issue. Told them there was a TSB for it, they call back and can't duplicate issue. I am so sick of dealerships thinking women are stupid and trying to take advantage of us.

Glad you got yours all fixed up.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:23 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Sunflowerhippi
I just went through the same thing. I took my HHR in for the 08 Auto SS no break issue. Told them there was a TSB for it, they call back and can't duplicate issue. I am so sick of dealerships thinking women are stupid and trying to take advantage of us.

Glad you got yours all fixed up.
Bummer about them not being able to duplicate your issue..

And as to my OLs' being all fixed, NOPE. It has started weeping & couple drips overnight again...

Arrrrgh !!!!

Quick Reply: My OL vs the Dodge Service Dept.