The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

National day of Slayer

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 08:17 PM

Believe it or not I love slayer, yes I am a deadhead but my highschool days were in the early 80s. Bands like anthrax,motorhead,good metallica(pre justice),iron maiden still gets rotated here. I listened to Hell Awaits and Reign in Blood too many times to even think about. Reign in Blood has to be the heaviest album ever made in my opinion Right now actually spinning some Saxon on the old turntable, Denim and Leather Rock on
Old 05-23-2006, 08:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BamaHHR
Yes it was.
Cool!
Old 05-23-2006, 08:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by deadhead
Believe it or not I love slayer, yes I am a deadhead but my highschool days were in the early 80s. Bands like anthrax,motorhead,good metallica(pre justice),iron maiden still gets rotated here. I listened to Hell Awaits and Reign in Blood too many times to even think about. Reign in Blood has to be the heaviest album ever made in my opinion Right now actually spinning some Saxon on the old turntable, Denim and Leather Rock on
HAHA! I'm a Slayer fan that loves The Dead! Rock on!
Old 05-23-2006, 08:23 PM

I listen to all types of music, my wife wonders how I can listen to something like Tool and then pop in the String Cheese Incident or Bob Dylan. Since we have a few members talking in this thread do any of you guys listen to Iced Earth?
Old 05-23-2006, 08:35 PM
Banned

I'm the same way when it comes to music. I've never heard of Iced Earth?
Old 05-23-2006, 08:42 PM

Great band I think you might enjoy them Captain, they are from Indiana but are very popular in Europe. Influenced a lot from Iron Maiden but they are a little more evil sounding especially the early stuff. See if you cant hear some samples on line and if you are interested I would be willing to burn some cds for you and mail them out. Just PM or email me if you think you might want to check them out, would not be a problem for me at all.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by PhxHHR
Flotsam & Jetsam,
If your screen name was not PhxHHR I would fall over. I have not heard that name since Jason left the band.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
I was lucky enough to see Iron Maiden on their last US tour before they Bruce left the band and everything kind of went to hell. Testament opened for them. I still love Testament! The song Nightmare on Practice What You Preach still rocks to this day. Well that song and many others.
I seen Iron Maiden I think on the powerslave tour. And if I remember Twisted Sister open for them
Old 05-24-2006, 10:17 AM

Wow - I thought I was the only one who still (secretly) listened to all these GREAT groups on the iPod at work, or elsewhere. Yeah, I think all of these bands mentioned so far (except Iced Earth ) ROCK!!! I never had the pleasure of seeing Iron Maiden in concert, but have enjoyed the recent resurgence in Heavy Metal - both on TV, videos, and concert tours.

Flotsam & Jetsam were one of the many bands I enjoyed back in the day when Metal Blade Records put out compilations of their bands. I know Metal Blade records is still around, but most of their groups I don't recognize, for some reason.

I've never heard of Iced Earth, but being popular in Europe doesn't do it for me - David Hasselhoff is big there, too, as is the metric system, so they're not really meeting my criteria right now. Maybe I'll check them out later.

I'll hook up with this thread later - Rock on, brothers!
Old 05-24-2006, 04:40 PM

Hey phxhhr you need to check these guys out (iced earth) if you are a maiden fan I guarantee you will like them. My offer to the captain stands for you also would copy a few cds if you want. By being popular overseas I feel that is due to the fact that Heavy Metal is dead in the USA. Good heavy metal anyway, most people classify system of a down as heavy metal and I think they are terrible. Listen to some sound bites on the net of Iced Earth I really think you will dig them. This group is pure power metal made in the USA, I have really got a lot of my old metalhead friends turned on to this band. Give them a try you will not regret it

Quick Reply: National day of Slayer