The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

NCAA Basketball Championship

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 05:42 PM

NCAA Basketball Championship

So who's your pick?

Yes, my Gators will not make a 3-peat but they only had 3 players return from the championship team. I'll allow them one off-year. I'd like to see them meet Ohio State in the NIT final and beat them again! That would have to be some kind of record.

I'm rooting for the Memphis Tigers. I used to follow them when we were stationed in Blytheville AR with the Air Force. I also think Calipari is a great coach. Besides, no one is giving them a chance because they were in a weaker conference.

I think the cinderella team will be USC. I read an article talking about all the freshmen who plan to leap to the NBA after this tournament. I'm sure Mayo will be one of them. With only one chance to win it all, I expect him to play great. The only problem is USC's opponent in the first round is Kansas State who has an equally impressive freshman ready to move up.

It should be a great tournament!
Old 03-19-2008, 05:52 PM

I see a lot of parity this year, and the field is wide open. I think Memphis, North Carolina, Georgetown, Kansas, Texas, Tennessee, and UCLA all have a great chance of winning it all. Pitt and Duke also have an outside chance, but have a difficult road to get there. Georgia is hot after winning the SEC Tournament, so I think they will upset a team or two. My other "Cinderella" teams to make a deep run are Kent State, St Mary's and Kentucky. I can't remember a Tournament where there wasn't one or two clear favorites, but a slew of great balanced teams. Let the games begin!!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 07:06 PM

i think my clemson tigers should make a good run in the tourney. i just don't think they can get by kansas (assuming they make it that far). staying in the ACC, i think UNC will win it all.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:05 PM

I'll root for ANYONE who beats USC.
My (Golden) Bears are in the NIT--but I don't have high hopes for them.

Our satellite campus, ucla I think will give folks a run for their money and my cinderella team is the local OC scrappers, Cal State Fullerton Titans! (Big West Champs)
Old 03-20-2008, 10:09 AM

I'm for Michigan State (good chance to at least get past the first round this year, but Pitt in Round 2 is scary).

Mrs. Coyote is pulling for Arizona (probably shouldn't have even been in the field this year by her own admission, but will try to give it a go despite their coaching issues).

Let the games begin!
Old 03-20-2008, 11:57 AM

Tarheels will win it all..I have always liked them...no reason or connection to the school at all, just like them

Whoever knocks Duke out gets my vote also...can't stand Coach K...at least he was smart though and has never tried to succeed in the Pros

Goose
Old 03-20-2008, 12:50 PM

My wallet is with UNC, but my heart is with Kansas! Rock Chalk Baby!!!
Going to agree with MizzouHHR with the exception of Pitt and Memphis. You gotta make free throws to win and when Memphis gets to a tougher team that can keep the score close, missing free throws will lose it for them.

GO KU!!! CRIMSON & BLUE!
Old 03-20-2008, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by jayhawker
My wallet is with UNC, but my heart is with Kansas! Rock Chalk Baby!!!
Going to agree with MizzouHHR with the exception of Pitt and Memphis. You gotta make free throws to win and when Memphis gets to a tougher team that can keep the score close, missing free throws will lose it for them.

GO KU!!! CRIMSON & BLUE!
A jayhawk and Tiger agree? I never thought I would see the day All kidding aside, KU played a great game today and simply took apart a solid Portland St. team. If you guys keep that intensity, you're going to be tough to beat. Looks like my prediction of Georgia winning a couple of games fell a bit short. I guess that's the way it goes.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:50 PM

Paul Pierce...that's all you need to know...he still play for Kansas?

Goose
Old 03-20-2008, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Goose
Paul Pierce...that's all you need to know...he still play for Kansas?

Goose
Wish he did. Dude was a stud then and still is.

Quick Reply: NCAA Basketball Championship