The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Negative camber on an HHR?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 02:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Negative camber on an HHR?

Im not sayn Im doin this..but not sayn I wouldn't...alot just wont get it..but this is more a show thing from where Im from...It def gets the conversation goin...
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-17-2012, 03:23 PM

I dont see how the tires could possibly wear normally...but It probably would only look good if you were "low" enough
Old 07-17-2012, 03:45 PM
Platinum Member

Well honestly, it just looks stupid. Yes stupid. Serves no purpose what so ever, other than the visual look. That visual look to me says "Hey! My cars broke.My wheels are falling off". Stupid.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
Well honestly, it just looks stupid. Yes stupid. Serves no purpose what so ever, other than the visual look. That visual look to me says "Hey! My cars broke.My wheels are falling off". Stupid.

It's like "pants on the ground". It neither looks good nor has any real functional benefit. I also don't think it's driveable on normal streets... You might as well just put it on blocks.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:20 PM
Former Sponsor

no of course the tires wont wear properly..but no difference drivin than a normal car..just because the tire doesnt sit flat doesnt mean it wont roll..I knew this would get feathers ruffled..
Old 07-17-2012, 05:27 PM

Sofa king we Todd did...lol
Old 07-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by pyro panel
no of course the tires wont wear properly..but no difference drivin than a normal car..just because the tire doesnt sit flat doesnt mean it wont roll..I knew this would get feathers ruffled..
" no difference drivin than a normal car" You can't be serious. Drive it on the street and see what happens if you have to do any defensive driving. Hit the brakes hard or swerve to avoid something. It's an accident waiting to happen if you drive it on the steets.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:59 PM

Like he said this is basically for show. Sure you can drive it on the streets, with maximum tire wear, but seriously look how low the rest of it is. Anyone who is into their car enough to want to take it to that level for show purposes, typically knows how detrimental it would be to their ride to drive it that way. I would be willing to bet that has some nice coilovers on it with fully adjustable camber and the guy/gal lays it out like that for meets, shows, photo op's...and then adjusts the camber plates and spring perches back to a lesser degree for better mobility.

Not sure if you could even get the HHR to rock camber that hard. None of the slammed HHR's I have seen seemed to have close to enough to look like that.

Now if your lowering it down and throwing some suspension goodies to really make it handle, then a little extra negative camber wouldn't hurt. It would help with the understeer and push in the front end for sure.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:04 PM
Administrator

al in the eye of the beer holder, looks different , won't pass inspection, a waste of cash, just for show
Old 07-17-2012, 08:26 PM

Everyone has an opinion. I love when people say what they think. I personally dont like it. But your car, your cash, your choice.

Quick Reply: Negative camber on an HHR?