The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

One and done!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 07:16 PM

Question One and done!

Why do people come on this site & ask for help ....... then they NEVER return and let us know what the outcome was?

Where is that damn ....... ONE AND DONE (gif)?
Old 05-26-2015, 07:33 PM
Deceased

Some new members either expect a pat answer like "Your left hand threaded weasel bobulator requires a 3/4 turn to the right and you're good to go", or they are unintentionally intimidated by the sometimes very technical nature of the responses they get here.

Our demographic curve has a peak of folks in their 40's to 50's, with years of experience, and a higher than usual level of education. This is one of the most technologically savy automotive forums around, and after a decade there isn't much we as a collective group don't know about HHR's and their quirks.

Speaking of our demographic curve, we're close to an ideal 50/50 male to female split, and a higher percentage of our "One and Done" posters are female. So we as a site have a touch of work to do in toning down the unintentional intimidation.

And some folks aren't social animals, they pop in, and pop out once they get the info they need. It happens, and the open ended threads do leave you scratching your head at times.
Old 05-26-2015, 10:03 PM
Platinum Member

All true there Mike.

But, what ticks me off, is the One and Done's that don't bother to even come back and check the replies. ( I always check the One and Done's last log on time)
Why post a question if you don't even come back for the replies/answers ?
Old 05-27-2015, 07:01 AM

Many of the one and done posts are pure fiction.....
Old 05-27-2015, 07:57 AM
Administrator

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times! But alas poor Trucklets you know them well! Why does my HHR run like .... The guy at AZ said I needed a kerfinkle. But it was just me I needed to tinkle!!!!
And so the saga of the one and done doth continue as we circle the Galaxy or the Impala or C10, for questions to answer about codes incomplete, and information their buddy said as he shuffled his feet!!
As said many times on Law and Order and other shows I'm sure, just answer the question, plain and simple.

Last edited by Oldblue; 05-27-2015 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:15 AM

I posted about my problem in this thread:
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/prob...as-tree-52419/
but, the results cannot be verified that what was done to the car cured it, even by the tech that did the work.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:19 AM
Administrator

Did he see paradise by those dash board lights????
Thanks Meatloaf!! Great lyrics!!