The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

To the owner of a blue cobalt SS in south weber.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 01:16 AM

To the owner of a blue cobalt SS in south weber.

in the off chance an HHR SS owner knows this guy.
and also because we've all dealt with someone like this...

I'll say my peace.

Firstly, learn the rules of the road. when someone's merging on the freeway, either speed up, change lanes or slow down. dont just clock them till they have to slow down. thats dickish and Kinda illegal.

second. I drive a piece of **** jeep. even new,wranglers have crap brakes...
if I'm that close to your bumper its because I am riding the brakes down H-89 and your little stunt to make me get behind you has severly limited what i can do next.(anyone whos driven past exit 404 of highway 89 in utah know just how steep that hill is.)

So dont hit your brakes. I coulda killed you. my frames boxed, closed and not airbag friendly. I may have had to take the fall for your bad driving... legally. but you would have had to live with it for the rest of your life.

and thirdly... i gunned past you because by then i was pissed, and still couldnt have slowed enough to avoid you anyways.

so dont get to the next exit and race ahead to cut me off again.

I've noticed you doing bratty stuff like this at least a half dozen times. 2 of those times to other drivers!

I'm sure you're fastish, and I am definitly sure your cars nicer than mine. but you aint the coolest car on the road and you're not indestructible...

so rather than road-rage at everyone and assume you know why they're driving like that. show some manners, dont road rage at vehicles that could level yours in a collision.

and enjoy your car.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:19 AM

I know its a bit Off topic... I apologise and if you dont feel its appropriate for this forum and delete it. I would have no problem with that.

but these hot shot drivers infuriate me. tonight could have ended in a very serious accident because someone couldnt drive with just a modicum of consideration.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:32 AM

Old 05-26-2009, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by edwinalink
I know its a bit Off topic... I apologise and if you dont feel its appropriate for this forum and delete it. I would have no problem with that.

but these hot shot drivers infuriate me. tonight could have ended in a very serious accident because someone couldnt drive with just a modicum of consideration.
Amen brother!
Old 05-26-2009, 10:56 AM

I don't get the merging thing with people. So many really do drive as if they are the only vehicle on the road. I will always do what you said-first will change lanes if possible, speed up if thats an option, or slow down. If I'm making someone use their brakes or do some excessive acceleration just to use the road, I'm doing something wrong. This happened the other day to me. I am in the merge lane, I see a car coming and I also see no traffic in the passing lane. I have my blinker on and am starting to merge, she doesn't change lanes and lays on the horn like I just cut her off like a lunatic. She had more than adequate time to list lazily to the left and allow me to enter and ease back to the right lane all while not affecting anyone else on the road. Go figure-on the bright side I guess she wasn't part of the left lane owner's group causing that problem.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:26 AM

what drives me even more crazy, is he was THE ONLY OTHER CAR ON THE ROAD! he could have given it a little throttle and let me in with room to spare! I know the cobalt/HHR ss isnt blisteringly fast... but it does have TONS of get up and go! he should use it when its not felonius!
Old 05-26-2009, 08:29 PM

Merge etiquette is non-existent here in TN. Moved here from CA in '92 and honestly do not remember a single incident of a proper merge situation since I've been here. In fact, on more than one occasion, I have been honked at while trying to merge by the person coming up behind me in the right lane. On the stretch of I-24 that I drive each day, I see people ride the right lane for 3 or more exits just because they are going to exit "in a bit." 4 lanes available, and they ride that right lane for 10+ miles. Funny, but I was taught that on a multi-lane highway the right lane was for those entering and exiting the highway, and you traveled in one of the other lanes.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:08 PM

People drive like crap everywhere and feel that they are the King of the Road.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:25 PM

I've had a few people try to beat me to the merge point while getting on,,I watch for the acceleration then jump on it and see how far and fast they will go.since the truck didn't have the gov'nor on the chip ( factory) it was amusing to watch them give up because they couldn't keep up.(around 130 before the TB ran out of air) There was one time while coming into Amarillo this Ferd p/u try to pace me in the other lane and wound up white smoking the tailpipe, had a good laugh over that......The TRIAD in N.Carolina was good for ramp competition, had nice long on ramps and can see whats coming.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by tim_tenn
Merge etiquette is non-existent here in TN. Moved here from CA in '92 and honestly do not remember a single incident of a proper merge situation since I've been here. In fact, on more than one occasion, I have been honked at while trying to merge by the person coming up behind me in the right lane. On the stretch of I-24 that I drive each day, I see people ride the right lane for 3 or more exits just because they are going to exit "in a bit." 4 lanes available, and they ride that right lane for 10+ miles. Funny, but I was taught that on a multi-lane highway the right lane was for those entering and exiting the highway, and you traveled in one of the other lanes.
I learned that the right lane is for merging, and slower traffic. I'll drive in the far right lane, but I will move for cars merging... It's the fast lane you shouldn't drive in unless you're passing.

Quick Reply: To the owner of a blue cobalt SS in south weber.