The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Playstation 3....does anyone have one or play one.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 10:26 AM

Playstation 3....does anyone have one or play one.

I just got one for chrismas from the girlfriend, and just seeing if anyone else had one. I play resistance fall of man all the time on-line, and was wondering if anyone else played....
Old 01-08-2007, 10:53 AM

I bought one to sell for Christmas but it never made it on Ebay. I happend to be in Best Buy picking up a new laptop, and they brought out around 20 PS3's on a pallet and figured I'll take one. I thought to myself, I could sell it on Ebay for Christmas and make some extra cash. i took all the necessary pictures that Ebay wanted posted......and.......Well long story short, it is still sitting in my closet unopened with the receipt taped to it, waiting for me to decide what I'm going to do with it. My son's birthday is coming up at the end of the month, maybe I'll wrap it up along with some games and give it to him for his birthday.

Old 01-08-2007, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by RUDEINC
My son's birthday is coming up at the end of the month, maybe I'll wrap it up along with some games and give it to him for his birthday.
Now that sounds like a heck of an idea

BTW - I was probably the last person in town to get PS2 before they put it on a diet. I'll probably be getting a PS3 when the price drops significantly.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Firewatcher
Now that sounds like a heck of an idea

BTW - I was probably the last person in town to get PS2 before they put it on a diet. I'll probably be getting a PS3 when the price drops significantly.
The price will not drop significantly until the price of blue ray plays Drops.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:10 PM

i highly suggest the Wii.. i played my bro - in - laws and damn it was fun... u actually geta "work out" when playing... we played bowling and boxing was fun...
Old 01-08-2007, 01:48 PM

I have the Nintendo Wii and love it!!!! like it alot better, you have to get off your butt to play it.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Banned

The Wii may be fun because of unique controls and all but it is not much more than an evolution of the Game Cube. The Wii is DEFINITELY NOT a next gen system like they claim. If you look at it by numbers and features it is not much better than the Game Cube and is blown out of the water by the 360 and PS3. Like usual Nintendo is skimping out and relying on their name, family/young kid appeal, easy approachability, low price point, gimmicky controls, and first party titles. It's way too early to tell but so far I see the future of Nintendo and the Wii to be the same as Sega and the Dreamcast. Nintendo would be better off if they stopped making systems and concentrated on games just like Sega. If you look at the consol wars over the past several years or so you'll see every single time that Nintendo has released a sub-par product with far less games than their competition and keeps relying on the same formula to stay in business. Nintendo’s last success in my eyes was the Super Nintendo. I have plans of buying a next gen system (more than likely a PS3 given my track record with Sony) when they actually have a game or two that I want to own. I buy systems based on games and so far the PS3, Wii, and 360 have nothing that I consider to be a must have title.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:08 PM

I agree to a point with CH on this. That the Wii is a gimicky GC update. I acutally have one though. I also have a 360. Next gen the Wii is not. However I do like what it has to offer. As far as it going the way of the Dreamcast and such. That I disagree on. Here in Tucson when I was trying to find a Wii to purchase and could not find a single one. However everybody had at least 1 or 2 PS3's. This was a little odd to me. Although with the new console wars I think it's priced just right and offers something that the other guys don't. Maybe the graphics aren't up to par with PS3 and 360 but that has never really been Nintendo's strong suit. They are innovators in the way games are played (duck hunt, the power glove, Wii nunchuk) and long running titles (mario, Zelda). They have a HUGE fanbase and a lot of the way they're game systems are designed are focused on the Japanese buyer and not the american one. How many American's would actually BUY Nintendogs for the DS?? But in Japan everyone plays these sorts of games. Sorry for the temp Hijack but just wanted to give a little support to my Nintendo Heritage. LOL

Topic Oriented::::

Can't wait to see what the new Gran Tourismo is going to offer. Always been a fan of that series. Wonder if they'll have an HHR since they DID have a PT Cruiser?
Old 01-08-2007, 03:26 PM
Banned

I guess I was a little hard on Nintendo. I own all of their systems so far except the Wii and DS. I almost skipped on the GC but they had exclusive rights to Resident Evil so I had no choice but to buy one. I don't have that many games for the GC (maybe 10-15?) because most of what came out was little kid stuff, fluff that I didn't want to play, or there was a better version of the game on PS2 or X-box. All I see Wii has going for it so far is it's price and back catalog of old games available online. I'll probably still end up buying one anyways.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:46 PM

Don't have one yet, but I'm sure I'll get one as soon as all the hype dies down. I learned my lesson from the PS2 - a friend hooked me up with one early, seeing as they were always sold out in stores, and then once I had it, I sat at home frustrated for a while because of the shortage of games. I still play it quite often and am still impressed with the graphics. For my money, I think Sony has done the best job on game consoles - I've never been a fan of Nintendo, seeing as they appear to cater (for the most part) to the cartoon-ish looking games and younger market. I've played the XBox and wasn't that impressed. Time has taught me to wait a while, and by this fall, there will be TONS of games on the market for PS3 - I will then consider a purchase!

Quick Reply: Playstation 3....does anyone have one or play one.