The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Please Stop This Insanity!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 02:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by aven11
Hi All,Very sad indeed!! I have sent my "VOICE OF THE PEOPLE" comments,heres what i sent:

It FIGURES YOUR A ANOTHER DEMOCRAT WITH NO BACKBONE AT ALL!! GET READY FOR RUDY CAUSE HE'S COMING IN 2008!!

A Floridan Republican,Craig Dxxxxxxxx
wow, this is about peoples civil rights being violated....the same civil rights which you have. the same rights your republican counterparts have sought to erase or enhance their control over them over the last two terms. that is besides the point either way. thank you for showing your ignorance.

ignorance is the new smart
Old 08-11-2007, 02:29 PM
Banned

BTW Rudy's own daughter is interested in Obama's views...that says alot about the integrity of your candidate.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:13 PM
Banned

Hi All,Very sad indeed!! I have sent my "VOICE OF THE PEOPLE" comments,heres what i sent:

It FIGURES YOUR A ANOTHER DEMOCRAT WITH NO BACKBONE AT ALL!! GET READY FOR RUDY CAUSE HE'S COMING IN 2008!!

A Floridan Republican,Craig Dxxxxxxxx
Because throwing low blows at the party of and personally at the politician you're trying to convince and warning them of the other party always helps put that politician on your side. Growing up in NY my whole life I wouldn't vote for Rudy Giuliani in a million years. The guy is an ass clown.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by quest51210
assault is one crome, but charging them with attempted murder and conspiracy to attemped murder is going a bit overboard.
Im not saying that the town is not backwards, havent been able to find out enough info on the net to make that claim but as far as the law usually goes, the charges are correct.

Anytime you knock someone out (which they did) you are charged with battery, anytime you kick someone in the head (which they did) you are charged with attempted murder. Because there was a group (six of them) that jumped the other student, there is a conspiracy charge) Kicking someone in the head is usually an automatic attempt murder charge, and is usually followed by 2nd degree battery (use of a weapon in a fight with the leg being the weapon since it was used in the commission of a felony, attempted murder)

So basically...

Rodeo Team (all white) hangs out under a tree, therefore it is now the white tree.

Black students (including bailey and the others charged in the fight) hang out in front of the auditorium, but its not called the black auditorium

Black students (including bailey and the others charged in the fight)want to "take over" the "white tree"

Told No by the "White Tree Sitter Unders"

Small skirmish ensues.

Three nooses are hung from tree. (obviously escalates tension)

Black teacher (one of two), laughs and asks the other black teacher "well one is for me and one is for you, whos the other one for?"

Black students form protest by sitting under tree (further escalating tensions)

White students given 3 days suspension (further escalating tensions as the black communities cries for blood went unheard)

Someone burns down the high school, whites think blacks, blacks think whites and yup tensions are further escalated.

Black students (including bailey and the others charged in the fight) crash a mostly white party, words and fight ensues (tensions blah blah)

Four black students (including bailey and the others charged in the fight)exchange words with white student who is chased to his car and he grabs a shotgun, as he gets the gun the black students take the gun and go home. They are charged with theft, shouldnt have been but as there were four of them and they pursued and fought with the other student they cannot claim self defense. Its usually only self defense if you are the one being pursued or are in fear of life or bodily harm. As they chased him they cant use the self defense.

Because they are charged with theft it stirs they pot a little bit more and more people get angry.

Then a white student is jumped by six black students (including bailey), is knocked out by the first punch and kicked repeatedly in the head.

BTW the student charged with attempt murder refused to cop to a lesser charge of aggravated battery. Prosecutors always charge you with the stiffest they can in the hopes it scares you into pleading to a lesser charge. This kid didnt plead and the prosecutor won.

And now there is a internet petition and lots of people up in arms that a group of black students who jumped another student would be arrested and possibly jailed for a "schoolyard fight"? If it had been a group of white students that had jumped, knocked out and repeatedly kicked the head of a black student, would you be calling for mercy or blood?

It took quite a bit of scroungin to get that much information, i never believe anything i read on a pro anything website. The are always two side to every story. True the whole situation and the events leading up to it are shameful, but so is this.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Because throwing low blows at the party of and personally at the politician you're trying to convince and warning them of the other party always helps put that politician on your side. Growing up in NY my whole life I wouldn't vote for Rudy Giuliani in a million years. The guy is an ass clown.
I am Not gonna start a long DEBATE but EVERY BODY BETTER GET USED TO IT >>>RUDY'S GONNA WIN!!
Old 08-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Banned

http://elleabd.blogspot.com/2007/05/jena-six.html
I read about the Jena (Louisiana) Six on Vox's blog a couple of weeks ago (she updated here). Before I go any further, here is the situation, summarized by Shawn Williams from an article by Howard Witt who writes for the Chicago Tribune (though this may be the same story here at the Baltimore Sun--doesn't require registration)

In his May 18, 2007 story, Mr. Witt tells of an incident that happened at the local high school in Jena where black students decided they wanted to sit under a tree whose shade had been reserved for white students only for years. When campus officials gave their blessing to the students request to sit under the tree, a series of events began that have apparently launched the town into a downward spiral.

According to Mr. Witt's article the following events have occurred since the initial action by the black students last September:

* The next day three nooses were hanging from the tree
* Once three white students were identified as having hung the nooses on the tree, the school superintendent suspended them for only three days. (The principal had suggested expulsion). The superintendent felt the nooses represented a "youthful stunt."
* Fights broke out at the high school between black and white students.
* Unknown arsonists set fire to the central wing of the school (November)
* A white youth beat up a black student who showed up at an all-white party
* another young white man pulled a shotgun on three black students at a convenience store
* A group of black students at the high school allegedly jumped a white student on his way out of the gym, knocked him unconscious and kicked him after he hit the floor (December)
* LaSalle Parish district attorney, Reed Walters, opted to charge six black students with attempted second-degree murder and other offenses (for their involvement in the above incident).
NOTE: The white youth who beat the black student at the party was charged only with simple battery, while the white man who pulled the shotgun at the convenience store wasn't charged with any crime at all.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:11 PM
Banned

I am Not gonna start a long DEBATE but EVERY BODY BETTER GET USED TO IT >>>RUDY'S GONNA WIN!!
Even if so it's bad when you can't get someone from your own state to vote for you.......especially a fellow Italian. IMO about the only positive if he becomes president is the fact that he would be our first Italian American president. Putting a minority in office would definitely be a step in the right direction for America but I wish that minority wasn't an ass clown.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Banned

another better detailed report.
http://lapda.org/Jena%20Racial%20Iss...012%202006.htm

first hand reports from an alumni and some pictures. much more details of the exclusionary attitude of the city.
http://listentomeforaminute.blogspot...iana-town.html

want me to post more detailed reports? doesnt get better than what i have posted and gives much better insight to what is occuring. first hand accounts of the climate in that town mean alot.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Banned

well we all know Floridas votes are for sale to the highest bidder.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:21 PM
Banned

heres another blog, but it has links to the NPR, BBC, and CNN covering the story. sad thing is CNN pushed this story aside for the much more important even of the release of Paris hilton. shows you where Americas heart is. in these issues.

http://www.whileseated.org/photo/003244.shtml

Quick Reply: Please Stop This Insanity!!!