The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Please Stop This Insanity!!!

Old 08-11-2007, 07:14 PM

Justice must be served. HHR Owners for Justice!!! Unite!!!
Old 08-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Banned

that would be cool. show up to the protest with 100 HHR's
Old 08-11-2007, 08:12 PM

No way no Sir not in Louisiana they would confiscate our HHR’s for un-peaceful assembly, arrest us, fine us, and as soon as all our fines were paid they would bus us to the swamp and tell us bayou. The judge has already made it clear protesting anywhere near the court house will not be allowed. No way to win in the state of Louisiana, especially if you’re from Texas.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Even if so it's bad when you can't get someone from your own state to vote for you.......especially a fellow Italian. IMO about the only positive if he becomes president is the fact that he would be our first Italian American president. Putting a minority in office would definitely be a step in the right direction for America but I wish that minority wasn't an ass clown.
Huh? You must mean Al Gore since he couldn't even manage to carry his own state in 2000. Italian American is a minority? If so, then all the front runners are a minority. Rudy, Italian American. Mit, Mormon American (?). Hillary, female American. Barrack, black American. You mean they are all ass clowns? And, BTW, what is an ass clown, I couldn't find the definition in my American Heritage Dictionary? Also, what has any of this got to do with the origins of this thread? From what I understand, the jena six, or whatever they are called, are being prosecuted by local Democrats.

Later,
Pat
Old 08-12-2007, 10:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RaceOn
Huh? You must mean Al Gore since he couldn't even manage to carry his own state in 2000.
Nope. I meant Rudy because I won't vote for him.

Italian American is a minority?
Yup. We always have been. Here's a map from the 2000 Census that breaks down the concentration of Italian Americans. We live in like 6 states.
Name:  Italian1346.gif
Views: 14
Size:  14.9 KB
And the numbers:
http://www.niaf.org/research/2000_census_1.asp?print=1&

If so, then all the front runners are a minority.
Nope.

Rudy, Italian American. - True
Mit, Mormon American (?) - Religion doesn't make you a minority. Especially so if it's a Christian religion.
Hillary, female American - You're kidding me right?
Barrack, black American - True but the correct term is African American

You mean they are all ass clowns?
Nope.

And, BTW, what is an ass clown, I couldn't find the definition in my American Heritage Dictionary?
Ass Clown

Also, what has any of this got to do with the origins of this thread? From what I understand, the jena six, or whatever they are called, are being prosecuted by local Democrats.
It doesn't, I didn't start it (started by a Republican that wanted to take cheap pot shots), and I'm not going to carry on.

But I do have to add how can you trust a politician that jumped ships? Rudy started off a Democrat and became a Republican.
Old 08-12-2007, 06:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fantomfreke
Im not saying that the town is not backwards, havent been able to find out enough info on the net to make that claim but as far as the law usually goes, the charges are correct.

Anytime you knock someone out (which they did) you are charged with battery, anytime you kick someone in the head (which they did) you are charged with attempted murder. Because there was a group (six of them) that jumped the other student, there is a conspiracy charge) Kicking someone in the head is usually an automatic attempt murder charge, and is usually followed by 2nd degree battery (use of a weapon in a fight with the leg being the weapon since it was used in the commission of a felony, attempted murder)

BTW the student charged with attempt murder refused to cop to a lesser charge of aggravated battery. Prosecutors always charge you with the stiffest they can in the hopes it scares you into pleading to a lesser charge. This kid didnt plead and the prosecutor won.
Not necessarily true. The prosecutor has discretion to determine what charges or information he's going to file against a suspect. If it's a felony, the grand jury will issue an indictment or a judge will bind the case over to a court that may hear felony cases. It is up to the finder of fact whether the suspect has committed the alleged acts as charged in the information.

Kicking someone in the head is NOT an automatic "attempted murder" indictment, and a leg is NOT considered a weapon or dangerous instrument everywhere except maybe Kentucky.

BTW, it is interesting that the kid refused to "cop" to a lesser charge, but he may have truly felt that he was either not guilty of anything, or the time he would have to serve on the lesser charge would probably be equal to what he's going to have to serve on the more serious charge anyway.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:24 AM

You are now classifying someone with Italian heritage as a minority? You have to be kidding me...Italian, English, Irish, German, French or whatever your roots came from White Europe..unless you live in some parts of the country with an overwhelming Hispanic population you are just awg and not a minority.

Yup. We always have been.
Maybe if we were at all not caught up in classifying ourselves into some special sect we would have a lot less problems in this country. Black, white, Hispanic, Asian whatever....if you are a citizen you are an American plain and simple....I belong to the White American community...how friggin stupid does that sound?? Not to mention that you'd be classified as the biggest bigot since Archie Bunker by the PC police who tell you "you must say this now" and "you must not say this now"

Barrack, black American - True but the correct term is African American
Says who??? You??? Is it written into law that we must say that now I have a black friend who lives in the inner city who would beg to differ with you 10 fold. I thought he was gonna punch someone in the face the last time someone called him an African American. To paraphrase "I've never been to Africa, I don't want to go to Africa and I don't know anyone from Africa...last time I checked I have been an American for 42 years and that suits me just fine" We were having a sports debate the other night trying to remember the name of a NBA player...'' Was he a black dude or a white guy?" No "was he an African American or a Caucasian" I'm not saying this applies to everyone much less by the same regard you cannot blanket statement that "African American" is the "correct" term

Was eating breakfast at a local place a few weeks ago...while waiting to pay the bill a kid with an Obama sticker comes up with a pamphlet asking if I would consider supporting Mr Obama in the NH primary. I said no because I'm a registered Republican and I really would not be of any use to any Democratic candidate until the general election. Sounds pretty clear as day doesn't it? Well that translated to this wank much differently as he replied "Oh, so I guess the real reason you won't support him is because he is black"(notice he did not say African American) I just looked at him with a blank stare with You have got to be kidding me written all over my face....when I got over that I told him "No, more so that you are an idiot who has no concept on how primaries are run and furthermore that if you claim to represent the Obama campaign and that is your standard answer to everyone who says no to you, it is no wonder he is running way behind Hillary oh and not to mention he is 1/2 white so maybe you should really investigate the real roots of the guy you are supporting" And to even drive my answer further I let him know that if Colin Powell or Condi Rice ever threw their name into the ring that they would be near the top of my list.

Anyways...lots of reasons Obama is not on my radar but being a black guy is not one of them.....none of the Democrats have me going "yeah that is a great idea" but then again none of the Republicans do either. I don't vote based on if it is a woman, black, Asian...I vote based on their values and ideas...not one person is ever gonna be perfect and that I am going to agree with 100%...right now the most important things to me are Foreign policy, National Defense, gun rights and the War on Terrorism.

I don't agree with everything George Bush does but I sure as hell agree with a lot more than anything that Albie Gore or Kerry believes in

Sorry to rant away on your thread questie

Goose
Old 08-16-2007, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Goose
You are now classifying someone with Italian heritage as a minority? You have to be kidding me...Italian, English, Irish, German, French or whatever your roots came from White Europe..unless you live in some parts of the country with an overwhelming Hispanic population you are just awg and not a minority.
I dunno, my heritage is White Europe but I keep getting mistaken for Mexican because my White European blood is from northern Spain.