The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Rethinking American Autos

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 09:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Kingfrog....

Just wondering why you go to almost every thread that concerns foreign vs. domestic (or anything remotely related) to express your redundate opinion. I noticed you even 'dug up" older semi-dead threads to comment on. Isn't writing 3-4 paragraphs (usually well expressed, I will add) in one thread, stating your position enough??

I'm just wondering...not trying to start more debate. But I can't help but wonder what happened in your previous working life. Reviewing your posts gives one the impression you had some episode that made you very bitter.
Everyone expresses "redundant opinion" Some of it good some bad. There are not a lot of "new" ways to say "I love my HHR" either. I like the car enough. I think GM should have recalled the ignition issue, I think GM should acknowledge the premature rotor wear issue. The car is fine. No its not the build quality of our 2006 Toyota by any stretch. Plastic parts don't just come off in one's hands on the Toyota.

Then again it's a local car only. I have 22K on it and won't take it out of town. I won't risk havng the ignition jammed up at some Dennys between here and there. Thats no way to own a car. But I have the bike and the Toyota so it's become a " rain toy" When the economy turns I will sell it and buy something I feel more secure with.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Firewatcher
Well, I just got back from dropping my wife's 2007 Equinox at the dealer. It is back in for an oil leak that won't quite go away, the check engine light is on again, and the wiper controls don't work. This is all in less than a year and doesn't include the other dealer corrected problems and 2 recalls. And it's only been 10000 miles. Then I look at my HHR. Since I bought it in 2005 it's been one thing after another. And as I look at it today I still need to replace the rear bowtie, the top dash compartment door latch is broken, and I have a new clunking sound underneath. And I only have 14500 miles on it. It's really getting depressing. With both Chevys it's one thing after another. It's why I got away from Ford....I mean, I like the dealer, his service guys are great, but I'm really getting tired of going there for repairs. ...snip
Seems like you have a BIG black cloud following you around.

My experience with the 13 new cars I have purchased has been just about the opposite. Very few problems with most of the cars purchased.
1979 Mustang - Great Car No problems - Traded at 30K miles
1980 Ford Econoline F150 - Great vehicle, never a problem. Traded at 40K miles
1981 Mustang GT - Problem free completely until it was totalled at 90K miles.
1985 Mustang GT - Ditto above except traded it with 65K on the ticker
1984 Mitsubishi Galant - Window problems right off the bat but fixed; tranny crapped out @ 60K cost $1.2K to fix. Traded at 75K miles
1989 Ford Thunderbird - Zero Problems - Traded @ 45K miles
1994 Ford Explorer - Pretty much trouble free. Leaky trans at 70K and replaced it (with clutch) @ 130K; Bushings on Driver front I-Beam crapped out at 60K, replaced bushings and added heat shield for CatCon to protect bushing (poor design cat too close to bushing). I still have this with 190K on the ticker
1998 Camaro Z28 - EXCELLENT vehicle, no problems. Traded at 35K miles
2000 GMC Envoy - Another winner, no problems. Traded at 35K miles
2004 Nissan Quest - A couple of problems. Seat stuck and needed replacement; Air bag Recall; Brake recall. Still going strong @ 75K miles
2004 Corvette - SWEET!!! Drove it for 2 years on track days mostly. 2 sEater just doesn't work for the family (I have a handicapped daughter). I Sold it in 2006 with 8K miles on the ticker for $4k less than I paid for it.
2006 Mazda 5 - Nice little commuter buggy. Had Zoom-Zoom just like they say. 2 year lease, turned in with 19K miles
2008 HHR SS - Only issues were door locks sticking. I'm going to take it to the dealer to get the fix on the start-up brake issue and get the stage 1 kit installed.

I think most all automakers manufacture pretty good products, you just need to pay attention to what you buy and PERFORM SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:44 AM
Founding Member

Kingfrog,

You are missing the point that Snoopy made on your posts. Since last November EVERY post you have made has been redundant bashing of GM, Unions, American autos and you know the rest of your dislikes.

This is what greets everyone on the Home Page:

Welcome the Chevy HHR Network; a network of HHR owners, enthusiasts, and vendors discussing and modifying the sleek retro-styled Heritage High Roof.

The lounge is available for off topic (Non HHR) threads. Most members use it but they also read, post and start threads in all the other HHR related forums.

There are also members who share some or all of your sentiment on GM, Chevrolet, the UAW, buying american, overpaid workers, etc...but they also do not soley come to this forum to post over and over the same rhetoric on what they hate in life. They actually use the forum for entertainment, knowledge, sharing knowledge, selling/buying for their HHRs.

Do I agree with your opinion, no. Would I ever ban a user for their opinions, no. Do I feel you come here to incite conflicts, yes.

I was originally going to PM this to you, but I wanted all members to understand my philosophy on how I will moderate this forum as long as administration wants me to.

This thread is now done!