The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: How Extreme is your road rage? Select all that apply
I tailgate another driver to encourage them to speed up and go faster.
25.22%
I flash my lights in order to signal other drivers to move right.
24.93%
I use my horn to indicate my irritation with other drivers.
23.15%
I frequently change lanes to the left and the right to get past slower traffic.
35.61%
I react quickly when the light turns green.
34.42%
I feel angry when another motorist does something stupid.
57.86%
If someone cuts me off I will try to return the favor.
21.07%
I speed up when others try to pass me and/or box them in
20.47%
I use obscene gestures with other drivers.
22.55%
I have a weapon in my vehicle in case of conflict.
16.02%
None of the above. I'm a civil human being.
2.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 337. You may not vote on this poll

Road Rage Poll

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 01:15 PM

I drive too fast, but I am not aggressive with others...those of you who tailgate, don't do it around me or you will end up paying for repairs (sorry can't stand that sh_t).

I guess my worst vice is that jerkoffs that swerve in and out, I make sure they don't pull that crap around me. I am usually rather courteous, but if there is some putz yo-yoing around--

On a four lane highway through a city I used to live in, I watched this idiot weaving in and out, so I pulled right up with another driver and blocked knuckleheads passing...mind you we were still going a bit over the speedlimit. Well, idiot is swerving back and forth behind the two of us, then he crosses the double yellow and attempts to pass as we round a bend. Heh, not only was there a car oncoming around the bend, but THANK GOD ALMIGHTY it was a cop. After he was pulled over, I circled back--nice and slow--so the jerk could see he was OWNED!
Old 03-01-2006, 01:22 PM

I had a guy passed me and cut me off(there wasnt enough room between me and the guy on the right so i had to slam on my brakes) last week and gave me the finger (pt owner) and he had to stop at the stoplight about 30 seconds later and i pulled up next to him and he wanted to race so of course I rev it up, then I see a cop sitting in his car up ahead at a gas station. So I really rev up my car roll down my window and start talkin trash (so he doesnt see the cop) Light turned green I floored it up to the speed limit and let off, he looks in his rear view mirror and I know he had to see me waving :) Of course he got pulled over. Probably about 20 or 30 over too.

After he was pulled over, I circled back--nice and slow--so the jerk could see he was OWNED!
I did the same :)
Old 03-01-2006, 05:44 PM

I voted for all of them
Old 03-01-2006, 06:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SIHHR
I voted for all of them
Well aren't you just filled with rage.
Old 03-01-2006, 07:01 PM

I've done most of them but have calmed down lately, it is just not worth. But boxing them in is always effective. If I in the slow lane and someone is tailgating, I just slow down even more - there is another lane for a reason.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:12 PM

I am the weapon in the car in case of a conflict!!! I drive in a fairly normal manner, the speed limit plus the cushion (5-10mph) and 75-80 mph highway speeds, I don't tailgate or lane hop and I will give way if someone rolls up behind me without tailgating...now I won't start stupid actions, but I will react when it's initiated. I hate the *&#@holes who pull out in front of you without even looking or the j@%&offs who insist that the cellphone is necessary to automobile operation...Most people can't drive without the distraction of the phone!!!...Ahhh, rant complete, now I feel better
Old 04-27-2006, 12:23 PM

I'm usualy pretty mellow in my HHR. Not so much in the other cars I've owned. I like getting in front of someone who has pissed me off and slowing down and boxing them in when I can.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:21 PM

Isn't flashing your brights the universal "i'm faster than you are" signal? Even some cars (i.e. FC chassis RX7's) have a "flash to pass" lens for the retracted headlights. Even motorcycles like Harleys have those bar mounted lights and are referred as "flash to pass" lights.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:51 AM
Founding Member

wow, I never voted on my poll. I'm 6/10 BDW
Old 04-28-2006, 01:10 AM

Have you ever noticed that everyone driving slower than you is a F'in idiot, and everyone driving faster than you is a F'in maniac!!!

-G. Carlin

Quick Reply: Road Rage Poll