The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Rude people, TWICE!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 08:46 AM

Rude people, TWICE!

Yesterday going to and coming home from work while trying to got on and off the highway I put on my turn signal to move over one lane to get to the exit lane and the person in that lane behind me speeds up to block me. I did not race up to get that spot or try to fit in a space that was too small.

Sometimes I just do not get people. Is the need to get ahead or not fall behind so desperate they are willing to be rude or cause an accident?

Oh well, at least I can laugh about it and move on.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:23 AM

Living in the Atlanta area, I see that often. Hard to comment withough being there. I always either speed up to move over or slow down and get behind. I see people daily that only try to get that pole position.....

This morning on my way in. A gray haired man in a VW GTI (orange BTW) acted like he was racing me. I ignored him.... Then I noticed he was just driving like that and weaving in and out of traffic to just be first. When we got to one main road where I turn right, he was turning left. I kinda chuckled as I went be him, only to be able to make my turn as he waited at a red light.....
Old 05-05-2009, 09:39 AM
Founding Member

In Dallas most don't use their signals on these type of lane changes so that you don't tip off the morons that want to block you off from the lane change.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:09 AM

Morons with big pick ups are the worst!!!
Old 05-05-2009, 11:22 AM

I thought you were from Milwaukee, then I looked at your name. I guess that goes on everywhere. Tell me, what's the point of not letting someone in? Will it change your life that much? Selfishness, that's all it really is.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:24 AM

In Cleveland we don't use turn signals. (For that very reason).
Old 05-05-2009, 12:57 PM

Thanks to MODOT rebuilding a local interstate, I have to drive through an "urban" area to and from work. I've tried a couple different routes, each way it is the same..........

At least three of five days someone uses the parking area of the streeet to pass a long line of cars on the right or some one will pull up to an interesection in the right turn lane only to floor it when the light changes to pass everyone in the lanes which are SUPPOSED to going through the intersection.

I am amazed at the high lever of reckless driving. I haven't experienced it in any other areas of the metro area and it seems to be men/women young and old! It's really scary sometimes. I can't wait for the hiway to be completed this coming winter.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:25 PM

This is Human Evolution at its finest. It's a subconscious act not to allow another Human to get ahead of us. We are predators by nature and our ancestral genes kick in at the oddest moments. Anthropology is an interesting science, it explains why men go into jealous rages when they find their mates are cheating on them, but think nothing of have an affair or two. We are a harem animal, one male and a group of wives. It makes sense to me.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:46 PM
Platinum Member

Interesting UncleDannie.......and right on......it's all about being "first, or ahead of", no matter what. But you omitted the female theology of aggressive driving (which I partailly provided). Care to elaborate?

Oh by the way, we just shoot them here in AZ!!!
Old 05-05-2009, 02:08 PM

RkyMtnHHR,

Gotta love 1-25. NOT! Bunch of selfish jerks. NO ONE KNOWS HOW TO MERGE IN CO. I drive from Frederick to the Tech Center every day so I get 1hr of these jerks each way, each day! If I only had the drive would be much more fun!