The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Ruling for Tighter Emissions Regulations

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 11:26 PM

Agreed!! We can't change Mother Nature completely but we sure can assist.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:27 PM

I did read the article. But the premise of giving the link was that just because a few scientists say it, a major magazine reports it, does not make it true.
Out of curiousity, which part proved to be your best ammo?
Old 04-03-2007, 11:27 PM
jx3

Originally Posted by TeverHHR
I believe we can have a minor affect on mother nature, but there is no way we can controll mother nature. No matter what we do, mother nature will still be in charge of the weather and global warming or cooling.
Hmmm......ever hear of CFCs and the ozone layer? Just a minor effect, huh? Although we can not control mother nature, we can adversely affect it.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:30 PM

Oh no, the ozone hole returns. Can you prove mother nature would not have a corrected it if we had done nothing?
Also, did you know that mother nature herself emits more "greenhouse" gases then man could ever do. Volcanic eruptions, cows farting, etc.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:31 PM
jx3

I did read the article. But the premise of giving the link was that just because a few scientists say it, a major magazine reports it, does not make it true.
Out of curiousity, which part proved to be your best ammo?
Could've been ......

In fact, the story wasn't "wrong" in the journalistic sense of "inaccurate."
Old 04-03-2007, 11:34 PM

Oh no, the ozone hole returns. Can you prove mother nature would not have a corrected it if we had done nothing?
Also, did you know that mother nature herself emits more "greenhouse" gases then man could ever do. Volcanic eruptions, cows farting, etc.
My point is that if we can make any difference why take the chance. The cow farting part, now thats just too funny!!!

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
What
I like the fact that this should increase fuel economy standards!!
HillsdaleHHR
I also like the fact that it may improve fuel economy, maybe even encourage alternative energy strategies and help the environment all at once.

The unoffical leader of the global warming movement, AlGore, travels by personal jet, has I think 4 houses, plus I am sure there is a few SUVs in there, has the nerve to tell us WE need to cut back. He calls himself "carbon neutral" because he buys "carbon credits". What the hell is carbon neutral or a carbon credit. Based on my "carbon footprint", I think I might have some carbon credits to sell. I will have to contact Al and see what the going rate is.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:36 PM

We got the point that you don't like Al Gore!
Old 04-03-2007, 11:39 PM

Good thing about an opinion not every body is right and not every body is wrong.
Guess we are all trying to say is everone in the world needs to start and to take a look around.
And start helping Mother Nature, your future childrens, childrens, etc will be paying the price/or not.
But what do you have to lose? Not your voice, your sight, nor your breath.
But the future just might. Unless you have walked with the pre historic people, how can we judge. They might have thought the same thing, and poof they were gone.
WHO really knows? And how many really cares?

Quick Reply: Ruling for Tighter Emissions Regulations