The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Saturn Aura Sales Dismal

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 07:46 AM

Saturn Aura Sales Dismal

This doesn't sound good especially for "The North American Car of the Year"

GM: Saturn Aura Not Meeting Sales Expectations, Aura Sales Well Below Targets

Quote:
Source: Automotive News

Saturn seeks to boost slow sales of Aura April 2, 2007

"Aura sales have been sluggish this year, leaving Saturn dealers with a 125-day supply as of March 1, according to the Automotive News Data Center. "

"Dealers say Saturn executives have told them the sales goal for the Aura is about 90,000 units this year. But Saturn sold only 7,898 Auras in the first two months of the year."

"GM included the Aura in its spring sales incentive program, an unusual move for a new product, dealers say. "

Month by month

Sales of the Saturn Aura have been slow this year. Here are monthly U.S. totals since the car’s introduction.

August 1,782
September 3,183
October 4,661
November 4,279
December 5,841

January 4,102
February 3,796

Total 27,644
Old 04-04-2007, 07:50 AM

That's not good at all.

I wonder if the same car branded as a Chevy Malibu or a Pontiac would sell better?
Old 04-04-2007, 08:02 AM

I would not take one for free. Too few Saturn dealers for the area I live in.

A fifty mile trek to the dealer every time I need some thing does not sit well with me. I got rid of our Saturn 300L wagon just for that reason. It kept braking in simple ways , but all the GM dealers locally could not/would not help even getting the oxygen sensor repaired. So I drove the failing car the fifty miles , riding on eggshells the whole way and got it repaired. Saturn shut down the two dealers I was dealing with and never opened the third one they were promising near our home.

So Saturn, if you are reading this. Die a quick death and be absorbed into the general GM line. This proprietary repairing is utter BS when you share so many parts with other GM automobiles. DIE DIE DIE!
Sorry GM, put your money where it matters, GMC, Buick and Chevy. DIE Saturn DIE!
Have I made my point
Old 04-04-2007, 08:35 AM

This is a shock?

I live in the fourth largest city in Canada, and our second Saturn dealer just opened in the west part of town. For years there was only one. Kind of makes shopping the dealers for the best service kind of hard doesn't it?

GM has spent a lot of money on Saturn, but I wonder if it is worth it if they can't get sales up. The Aura and the Sky are great vehicles, and I'm sure the Astra will be good too. Too bad there is no dealer network.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:35 AM

I think Harpo has little regard for Saturn. I'm not sure though...
Old 04-04-2007, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by krishaynes
This is a shock?

I live in the fourth largest city in Canada, and our second Saturn dealer just opened in the west part of town. For years there was only one.
Actually Turpin simply relocated the showroom out to the middle of nowhere The old location was levelled to make way for a new Canadian Tire store. They still do service near where the old showroom was.

There are still only 2 Saturn stores in Ottawa; Turpin in the west end and Saturn 417 in the east end.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:43 AM

I'd forgotten that Turpin even had a Saturn/Saab setup at their old location.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:04 PM

Too bad sales are soo low...

My wifes AURA is a fantastic vehicle - like the HHR - GREAT bang for the buck. A very well crafted vehicle!

We are fortunate to have two Saturn Dealerships fairly close by... The shop in Fresno has always been very good to deal with...

Even after buying my SSR and HHR - I still haven't got rid of my '98 SW2 (just turned 100k miles) - I tend to use it on Rainy days to help keep the SSR and HHR clean!
Old 04-04-2007, 05:22 PM

Closest Saturn Dealer from here is over 50 miles
Old 04-04-2007, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by ChritonHHR
Closest Saturn Dealer from here is over 50 miles
That's their trouble, really. It is not so much car quality, but convenience of maintenance that I have issues with. Since GM spent so much money keeping Saturn alive , why did they truncate the dealer network?

I was gung ho Saturn for a while, and now. well read my post above for my hidden feelings!

Quick Reply: Saturn Aura Sales Dismal