The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Senate Passes Unemployment Extension

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Tominator
Michigan jobs did not leave because of cheap labor, the went because of unreasonably high pay for mundane jobs and union work rules that cause the price of automobiles to be uncompetitive on the world market.

The reason I'm so anti-Obama is simple. My chosen hobby is the automobile. EVERY policy advanced by the Democrats is anti-automobile! The stated goal is to make driving so expensive YOU and I cannot afford to drive!
Ok, so they didn't leave because of cheap labor, they left because of high pay.... Wait, isn't that the same thing?

And yes. Democrats don't want you to drive cars. Why would they. It's all about the Democrats.

It's pretty sad when people take political sides to the extreme. I mean, they're politicians. They're all the same, no matter what. They all want the same things...power and money. They'll do whatever it takes. Doesn't matter what side they're on.

Oh, and like I said before......you can't really pin this all on Obama because he wasn't the one that got us here... Unless you live in some mental state where everything was perfect up until last year when he was sworn in....
Old 03-05-2010, 07:27 AM

Business must be able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment in order to stay competitive. Some jobs must be eliminated. Other jobs are created by demand. The answer is somewhere in the middle, but to the unions it's all or nothing so the result is plant closings and Michigan is the poster child.

And no, Obama is not the cause but he sure is not the cure and he was SOLD to the voter as the cure! The present Democrat leadership is about as extreme as you can find!

I HATE all politicians but the differences are stark when comparing Democrat Vs Republican policy.....I vote for the lessor of two evils.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Founding Member

I don't consider that an 'attack' btw.
This is. Enough said.

....it's not simple...maybe that is why you don't understand...
Old 03-05-2010, 07:57 AM

Most Americans do not want to delve into the raw effects of politics. They want to be left alone to lead their lives but slowly but surely government policy has injected itself into every activity the average citizen participates in daily.

My observation was that CrazyCarKid just does not want to believe that government has the cause and control that it seeks. He is the average American!

It was not intended as an attack in any way.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:54 AM

My observation was that CrazyCarKid just does not want to believe that government has the cause and control that it seeks. He is the average American!.
Where in the hell did you come to that conclusion? I believe the government was behind 9/11. I believe they at least helped kill JFK. I don't know where you got the idea that I don't want to believe the government is "big brother".

It's pretty pathetic that you can't get over the fact that Obama won the election more than a year ago. Move on. It's not like McCain would have been better...

And if Republicans are the lesser of two evils, explain Dick Cheney.