The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Shipping cost prices

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2022, 01:49 AM

I always give Rock Auto a chance because I like the elegant way their site is organized. I don’t mind spending a little extra, but I always compare “landed cost” and if their shipping is out of line, they lose the sale. Fleabay prohibits profiting on shipping, I think, but don’t know how well they police it. Amazon Prime’s free shipping used to be a good deal but now it is more than built into their pricing, and as an alleged benefit of the “Prime” fee, a scam.
Old 08-03-2022, 10:46 AM
Platinum Member

Well. Decided to order a different set of PowerStop rotors/pads from RA. The shipping is $34 less with this set. The savings on the shipping pretty much makes up the cost difference between the 2 sets.
And yes, I remembered the discount code.
Old 08-03-2022, 02:36 PM

I used Amazon as an example of an online business/website, obviously every website has different criteria for their vendors and procedures.

Is this a false statement "Some vendors send product to a warehouse to be fulfilled by RA, some vendors fulfill their own orders"? If so, in what way.

It would be cost prohibitive for one company to have all of the items sold on the RA website in a warehouse waiting for someone to order. Spread the inventory costs around is the logical solution. A great business model.

I highly recommend RockAuto.

Read the first 4 words: "RockAuto is an online, family business" and later "don't have a lot of money tied up in slow-moving inventory" and "not just what one store stocks"
About Us (rockauto.com)
What is an Online Business: Guide - Definition | SendPulse
Old 08-03-2022, 03:01 PM

Ive never really paid attention, I just get standard delivery and the discount usually covered that amount mostly.... but returning an item usually costs you 5 times more than the part ( ill never return a core item again )

Last edited by Oldblue; 08-03-2022 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Remove derogatory sexual dialogue.