The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Supposed to be a great movie- Flyboys

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 07:33 PM
Deceased

Supposed to be a great movie- Flyboys- Sept 22

Releases Sept 22.

Blaine Rawlings (James Franco) and his team of bi-wing fighter pilots battle the Germans.

Great clips- enjoy

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/flyboys.html

Trailer
http://us.rd.yahoo.com/movies/traile...9/1809727180/?

6 min extended clip
http://us.rd.yahoo.com/movies/clips/...9/1809748358/?

In 1914, "The Great War" --WWI--began in Europe. By 1917, the Allied powers of France, England, Italy and others were on the ropes against the German juggernaut. Some altruistic young Americans disagreed with the war. They volunteered to fight alongside their counterparts in France; some in the infantry, some in the Ambulance Corps. A handful of others had a different idea: they decided to learn how to fly. The first of them--a squadron of only 38-- became known as the Lafayette Escadrille. This is their story. Forced to abandon his family's ranch, Blaine Rawlings finds his future in a newsreel chronicling the adventures of young aviators in France. At a small train station in rural Nebraska, William Jensen promises to make his family proud. In New York, spoiled Briggs Lowry embarks on a trans-Atlantic passage. Meanwhile, in France, black expatriate boxer, Eugene Skinner, vows to repay his debt to his adopted racially tolerant country. Together, these American boys arrive at an aerodrome in France, eager to learn how to fly. What they didn't realize was that they were about to embark on a great, romantic adventure, becoming the world's first combat pilots.
Also Known As: Fly Boys
Production Status: In Production/Awaiting Release

Logline: The adventures of the Lafayette Escadrille, young American fighter pilots who volunteered for the French military before the U.S. entered WWI.

Genres: Drama and War
Release Date: September 22nd, 2006 (wide)
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for war action violence and some sexual content.
Distributors: MGM Distribution Company
Production Co.: Electric Entertainment
Filming Locations: United Kingdom
Produced in: United States

Last edited by cj krause; 09-01-2006 at 09:12 PM.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:46 PM

Good call CJ! That one is in our NetFlix watchbox!
Old 09-04-2006, 01:50 AM

Hey, great thanks for the link CJ, gotta go see that....Love them airplanes, especially open ****pit, and bi-wings............wish i'd had a chance to fly em..
Old 09-04-2006, 02:20 AM
Deceased

i learned how to cropdust in open c ockpit Stearmans, 220hp and 300 hp in Merigold MS. Ag Cats i flew were almost open totally. they just had a windshield and top but not much, sides were open. we would line up the stearmans every day for flying. flew 50 hours in 4 weeks for my ag certificate

i had over 6300 hours before i got tired of the govt, FAA and EPA

first 8 pics are me flying and some of the planes i flew and owned
http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b305/cktuba

that is me flying a Weatherly,,, closed but had gull wings like a Corsair,,, great airplane and hauled a bunch. 315 gallons, approx 2500 lbs. with 450 hp radial P&W. Ag Cats with a 600 hp P&W hauled only 300 gallons. you had to add alot of wing to get them to carry any more.

Name:  defcottonsumterfar.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  53.1 KB

Last edited by cj krause; 09-04-2006 at 09:27 AM.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:09 AM

Yea, the Feds have a way of making good things miserable. I was running a small county Airport, we received and they still do Federal Grants. The Feds(FSDO) folks always were around. They were getting on my nerves had to quit. Was a PPSEL, A&P. All I had was about 500 hours in spam cans, but had a heart attack, don't think i'll get my medical back...Oh well, I go out there once in awhile just to stir...LOL.... A really great guy died from there recently. Ground looped his stearman, went over the hill, but the reason he ground looped it was he had a clot in his leg, couldn't control it. He was unhurt in the beast, but died later that day from the clot. The stearman wasn't damaged too bad, it did go over an embankment. Terrible thing... He had the PT-13 220 horse Lycoming I think, Love those radials....He was giving rides in that thing all over the place he in West Virginia and Ohio. He used to run a Flight School, aircraft dealer, he got out for basically the same reason, the Feds. He retired and flew for the fun of it, a post WWII pilot.