The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Today, I Was In Heaven

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 03:49 PM

Today, I Was In Heaven

So I got to work at 6am this morning. Around 7 all of these car haulers pull up by old navy and start unloading, I noticed that all of the cars had manufacturer plates on them.

So, at 10:00 I went on my lunch and had to run over and see what was going on. Boy am I glad that I did!

GM was featuring a Drive and Ride event in the parking lot all day today, and you could drive a bunch of new GM vehicles! There were Corvettes, Camaro's, LaCrosses, Enclaves, CTS's, Silverado's, Malibus, CTS Wagons, Terrains, and the little Caddy Crossover (whatever that is called).

Anyone 18+ could drive ANYTHING and a person rode with you. You got to drive around the road that runs through the mall. It was AMAZING! I got to drive an orange Camaro SS, a black Corvette, and a maroon Enclave. Have to say that the Camaro was awesome, but the Corvette was even better! Loved the digital projected speedo! But the Camaro is more realistic for me, so it was very fun to drive! Surprised by the small interior. Think our HHRs are hard to see lights? Drive a Camaro. Not only is the roof low, but it extends way out over the dash so you really can't see above you! Had paddle shifters too, that was fun!

Best part was, they were company cars so they didn't care how you drove them! The guy told me to turn the corner, and gun it!!!! I even rode in the Enclave with a guy who works at Flint Powertrain North who was talking about his HHR SS he owns! Like I said, very nice. They were all people who worked in factories and such, no salespeople...so there was no pressure. They were explaining how they want to let the cars sell themselves!

(Can you tell I was excited)?

Here's a picture from my cell phone of the Camaro I drove!!!

Oh, and FYI, the Camaro had 32 miles on it!

Last edited by urbexHHR; 11-14-2009 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Added picture.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:19 PM

We need a "LIKE" button.
Cool, Eric!
Old 11-14-2009, 04:54 PM

Sounds like bunches of fun. Did you refer the HHR SS owner to our site
Old 11-14-2009, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by HillsdaleHHR
Sounds like bunches of fun. Did you refer the HHR SS owner to our site
I don't have any of those business cards left that you gave me, but I did tell him about it and he did say that he's seen the site before.
Old 11-14-2009, 05:09 PM

Geeze, that's like going to a classy strip club! Great to be there and enjoy the talent, but can't take it home! And you got the lap dance, my friend...
Old 11-14-2009, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by 87silver
Geeze, that's like going to a classy strip club! Great to be there and enjoy the talent, but can't take it home!
Ha ha! That's the truth!!!!
Old 11-14-2009, 05:22 PM

Good times! They did that here in San Diego, they had courses set up all over the parking lot of the stadium, and they had just about every GM car you could think of there, as well as many of the other manufacturers cars to drive and compare. They had an off-road course for the H2, and a drag strip for the Vette and CTS-V, but this was back a few years ago and they haven't done it since. It was called the "GM Auto Show in Motion" and I wish they would have it again!

Last edited by damronjr; 11-15-2009 at 09:42 AM.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:58 PM

jealous here.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:52 PM

That would have been a blast!!! To be able to drive and beat the crap out of and see what all its got. Sounds like you had a fun time there Eric, I think that would be awesome to be able to do that.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:01 PM

my parents have done this before too. But they're from the same general area as you eric, so I can see it being a little more common in the detroit/flint Michigan areas

Quick Reply: Today, I Was In Heaven