The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Top Ten Silliest Add-on Auto Accesories

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 06:37 AM

Top Ten Silliest Add-on Auto Accesories

Plagiarized from a C&D blog.

1) Coffee can sized exhaust tip- This one seems to be permanently in vogue among the teeny bopper set. Is that what they do with the Bondo can after they're done applying the ground effects?
2) Hubcaps with ghetto spinners- Wow. For a second I thought you had a set of $10,000 rims on your Sunfire!
3) Neon colored dual blade windshield wipers- These just won't go away. It must rain extra hard in mobile home parks.
4) Huge Harley Davidson decal in the back window- Good for you-you own (or more likely wish you owned) a Harley. My dentist has one. So does my accountant. Is it really such a rebellious symbol anymore?
5) Deer repelling air horns- These 2 inch tall mini horns attach to your front bumper and scare off deer with a high pitched whistle-supposedly. How do you ever know if they work? I guess you'd only know if they don't when Bambi jumps in front of your Impala.
6) Illuminated windshield wiper nozzles- Why? No really, why?
7) Magnetic car ribbons- So you paid $4 to show the world that you "Support Our Troops". Who doesn't support the troops? Why not get one that says "I Breathe Oxygen"?
8) Fake hood scoops- The 4x4 crowd seems to love these. Unfortunately these things have a tendency to, like the magnetic car ribbons, trap dirt and moisture underneath. Take them off someday and you'll have a fake hood scoop-shaped dull spot in your paint.
9) Vanity Plate- Okay, this isn't an add-on accesory in the Pep Boys vein. But it's silly. Vanity Plates mostly exist for insecure people to brag to total strangers. Who cares if you bought your Caravan "4MY3KDS" or "2-BOYS"? Or how about "MY-VETT"? Yea, I kinda figured the Vette was yours when I SAW YOU DRIVING IT! Duh.
10) Brush bars on the front of newer SUVs- Come on, posers. There's no way you're taking that $40,000 Tahoe off road. Unless it's by accident when you lose control of your clumsy truck weaving in and out of traffic at 85 mph.
So that's it, in my opinion. Did I miss one?
Old 12-29-2008, 06:49 AM

Yea, you missed a lot of them..... BUt several here put it on their rides, so I leave that to each their own.

But on the vanity plates, my neighbor has one that states "MR GUY".
Old 12-29-2008, 06:49 AM

Talking

How about (look at me) bright red, Or x-mas decorations on a car oop's sorry. lol
Old 12-29-2008, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff®
Plagiarized from a C&D blog.

4) Huge Harley Davidson decal in the back window- Good for you-you own (or more likely wish you owned) a Harley. My dentist has one. So does my accountant. Is it really such a rebellious symbol anymore?
I have a Harley and I don't have a decal on my back window Should I have one Name:  0003.gif
Views: 18
Size:  49.1 KB

I don't even have a Harley T-shirt Name:  sSa_cry4.gif
Views: 14
Size:  3.7 KB No Harley hat, no Harley coffee cup Name:  omg.gif
Views: 19
Size:  1.8 KB What am I doing wrong Name:  dunno.gif
Views: 19
Size:  4.4 KB
"But" I do have an HHR
Name:  013.gif
Views: 22
Size:  9.5 KB
Old 12-29-2008, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by ScreaminBlkSS
How about (look at me) bright red, Or x-mas decorations on a car oop's sorry. lol

Touchè
Old 12-29-2008, 09:29 AM

My pet peeve is American flag stickers on a non-American car (Japanese, European, etc.). You can do better supporting our troops or this country by buying American. Just my opinion...

Some of my people tend to like to put "bull" stickers on the sides of their trokas. wtf?!

I REALLY don't understand the "RIP/In loving memory" stickers of dead family members/gang friends/pets or whatever. I'm sorry someone passed, but really, wtf?!

I like vanity plates!

@ngelita...
Old 12-29-2008, 09:33 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by afs9
My pet peeve is American flag stickers on a non-American car (Japanese, European, etc.). You can do better supporting our troops or this country by buying American. Just my opinion...

Some of my people tend to like to put "bull" stickers on the sides of their trokas. wtf?!

I REALLY don't understand the "RIP/In loving memory" stickers of dead family members/gang friends/pets or whatever. I'm sorry someone passed, but really, wtf?!

I like vanity plates!

@ngelita...
Old 12-29-2008, 09:49 AM

Amen to that!!

And what's up with the roadside memorials?? and then it becomes a game of "bigger is better"--gets outta hand quickly!! The dead outnumber the living--pretty soon there's no space left!
Old 12-29-2008, 10:12 AM
Founding Member

Originally Posted by sargechris

Amen to that!!

And what's up with the roadside memorials?? and then it becomes a game of "bigger is better"--gets outta hand quickly!! The dead outnumber the living--pretty soon there's no space left!
I thought I was the only one who thinks this is way out of control. But I didn't want to be insenisitve about it. HaHa thanks for helping me out!
Old 12-29-2008, 10:22 AM

Dang, Brad! Lots of accidents in your 'hood?!

I can handle roadside memorials--they can highlight say a dangerous intersection or whatever--but you know, once the flowers die, take them down please...it's the American flag on a Honda that bothers me more!

@...

Quick Reply: Top Ten Silliest Add-on Auto Accesories