The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Travel

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 07:48 AM
geg

In India, the movement on the roads - special pleasure.
Firstly, the movement of the left. Impression - you go to the oncoming lane.
But the most impressive - Hindu drivers. They do not look in the mirror, they do not include the turn signal. But everyone on the stern of the inscription - "please horn".
Imagine this ride. Speeding in the opposite lane and incessantly "Horn" to you on notice.
I will never forget the "flight" at a speed of 100 miles / hour on a mountain road. When we jumped into the oncoming lane, crazy push horn and miraculously dodging logging trucks in the darkness.
I thought I would die on this road. If not in an accident, then a heart attack.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:32 PM

I have a seasoned driver..has a custom toyota transporter..its all he does,drives.He can pass at 100klicks with less then an inch clearance while surrounded...been doing the night shift here last few days( split it up so we can get outs here early as I have a date with a new boss the 16th), and the morning commute, 45 min worth, is really interesting as all the trucks are on the road....at the same time, and usually trying to get in the same lane at the same time! Its almost as good as sitting right seat in Kyle Bush;s car on a big track on the last lap!( not a fan).. talk about putting on the squeeze! I'm a grinning fool!And surprisingly enough not once was I worried.This van is huge(6 buckets and a rear 3 seat, lotsa leg room) and he handles it right smooth. Since been doing 12's
my pics have been limited to traffic jams and whatever side shots I can grab while moving..been trying to catch one walking their pet.....cows! Great place actually , if you can understand where they are coming from, this is their life as they know it, and they seem pretty much normal in that aspect. Wish I had time to wander and meander,,,would really like to rent a bike and cruise around( as crazy as it sounds I'd enjoy it,and they have a brandy new Harley shop too!) We see,, we are ahead of schedule and may get a free day after this weekend. King Fisher is a killer beer..high alky content and worse then Bud the morning after!! Staying in Bangalore but working outside the city at a small airfield...on whats considered the equivilant to Air Force 1, on a smaller scale. Its all good!
Old 06-03-2011, 03:32 AM
geg

Woody

From Bangalore to Hampi is only 230 miles. If you have a free day - you can visit.
In the evening after work to hit the road. Arrive at the hotel Kishkinda Heritage Resort ANEGUNDI, Karnataka 583234. Spend the night there - lovely bungalows priced at about $ 50. Not far away - Monkey Temple (buy bananas). Tourists go there to watch the sunset - a magnificent spectacle.
In the morning - at Hampi, from the hotel about 2 mil. Fun and spectacle for the whole day. You'll find the majestic temples and palaces of millennia. The history of many centuries beneath your feet. Pay attention to the "market lines" - the urban landscape of the planet Tatooine is a miserable kind. All real!
Be sure to hire a rickshaw otherwise the sun will burn you. Rickshaw hire is not the first nor the second. Near the pier - extortionate prices. Go to the main square of the complex is oriented to the market. Rickshaw driver is also a guide for free - pleasant and useful addition.
Evening (approximately 16 hours) is sent back.
Shalt not be sorry, If you use my recommendation. I was there 2 years ago - an impression so far.