The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Ural Expo Arms 2011/ Show Russian Weapons

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 05:54 AM
geg

Ural Expo Arms 2011/ Show Russian Weapons

Hi, guys.
This past weekend in the Nizhny Tagil Сity, a traditional exhibition of arms. I visited the last exhibition - an unforgettable show! On "RussianExpoArms 2011" I have not got, I could not buy a ticket, but watched the events on line.
If you do not mind some pictures.

Well, first: why the Ural? And why Nizhny Tagil?
Ural (federal district, the capital of Ekaterinburg) - a major industrial center, is focused much of the Russian defense industry. I wake up at night by the roar of trucks, that pulled combat vehicles from one plant to another.
Nizhny Tagil - the second largest city in the district. In this city located largest Tank factory in Europe - "Uralvagonzavod".
Place for the exhibition select logical.

Now about the show!
I will not tiring you a description of guns and cannons. Here automotive resource, so basically what goes, rolls and crawls.

I want to say, the spirit of the exhibition is very democratic. No pompous. For children - as in Disneyland. All you can touch, you can climb everywhere.

Here's some of what is situated at the scene.

self-propelled howitzer. Why is wearing a coat.

Later this howitzer moved and fired without undressing. Incidentally, the sighting range of 30 km. Exhibition target at a distance of 2 km, for howitzers - fun.

another device, to meet which is not recommended. Rocket artillery unit "Smerch".

stood quietly in his place, not accept participation in the firings. This is understandable, the volley of this monster covers an area of ​​several hectares - a continuous mix of fire, earth and concrete aggregate. Was the city - now plowed field. In 2008 the Georgian army (smelly bastards!) used such weapons against civilians in Tskhinvali City in Abkhazia.

But enough of sad.
Next - the floating transport "PTS -4".

Now guys you feel that something dear.
TERMIATOR!
It's funny. But it is name of new Russian "tank support combat vehicle." BMPT "Terminator". Participates in the tank attack, leading rocket and machine gun fire, put a smokescreen. In general, carries a cover and destroys the small target (the ambush, and so on).
nice and brutal! Hollywood looks.

To be continued.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:38 AM
geg

Many military cars. some of them.

Armored truck 6 * 6. Automatic transmission. 1,800 kilometers without refueling. Climb to 60 degrees. On the basis of truck "Ural".

Something similar to American "Hummer". Car "Tiger".
A more practical than the Hummer. Inside a lot of space (the interior is not stupid box for the engine). Armour, rotating platform for the gun, a clearance of 400 mm, cross-country speed up to 80 km / hr. And he knows how to swim.

Another "puss." Car "Ris' " (Lynx).
At the exhibition a few modifications.
Short and long wheelbase. Combat, medical, lifeguard staff. Armor, all-wheel drive and rugged motor.

The legendary "Tunguska". This is my favorite weapon. Able to create a local hell as on earth and in heaven. Able to work independently and as part of the offensive and defensive systems.

By the way, was presented a lot of foreign models. Attended by French, Asian, different far states and the former Soviet republics.
But as is not informative. Annotations in English only. This is understandable - is aimed at foreign delegations, the Russian will not buy it.
Here's an example - some foreign armored car. To support the infantry or something like that.

Ukraine provided an obsolete T-72. The legacy of the Soviet era. Current can not come up already, and the production of too poor quality. But cheap as a hoe. Underdeveloped states bought with pleasure.

For dessert - the famous Russian tanks.

Start with a T-34. Heroic grandfather is also present at the show and gets his share of attention and respect.

The Germans were aware of his abilities not by hearsay.

To be continued tomorrow.

Last edited by geg; 09-15-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:20 AM

Thanks for sharing. I remember when I first joined the militray back in 1983 seeing what the "USSR" had for weapons back then.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:41 AM
Banned

This is WAY cool geg. Shame you couldn't make it and take your own pictures.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:55 AM
geg

Originally Posted by Officer1151
This is WAY cool geg. Shame you couldn't make it and take your own pictures.
You're right, my friend
a huge shame. Maybe I'm getting old. Too late, began to look for tickets.
But the next exhibition I will not miss. Unfortunately, one time in 2 years.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:32 PM

Come to the USA. We have a couple tanks too.
Have you ever thought of living here?
Old 09-15-2011, 09:55 PM
Deceased

Thanks for posting the photos geg, one of my favorite combinations, things that have engines and things that go boom!
Old 09-15-2011, 10:00 PM

Nice stuff geg , I like your girl pics beter .

Salute brother.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:20 PM
geg

nacademus - I know that the U.S. have the big tradition of building tanks. Starting with "General Lee" (incidentally, this tank served in the Soviet army) and to the "Centurion" (sometimes happened, the Soviet army set fire to them.) What to say!, Half of the world used the "Abrams" and their variations, and the second half of the world uses the Russian products. So our designers - a long-standing competitors in the global market and the global war theater.
About life in the United States.
You have a beautiful country. Live in this country - a great happiness. How in heaven. But you must understand me, I'm Russian and I love my country. And yet - in Russia, I respected man. Who I am in the U.S.? Immigrants in the dirty work?
No, my friend. Only as a tourist and visitor!

843de - Thank you. It gives me pleasure to communicate with all the guys. And I am pleased to tell you about Russian life. To have you heard about Russia from the Russian man, but not from the TV, where impose on someone else's opinion to you.

THE BATMAN - the real truth! If I had the choice to show your - Russian tanks or Russian girls, I would choose the latter! Unfortunately, the moderator did not allow it.
Russian tanks are very good, but the Russian woman - a real treasure. Guys! If someone is not married - a visit to Russia for the bride!
If you want a home made dinner every day, if you want hot passion and cold economic calculation, if you want to have a very smart wife, but she sick of the word "emancipation," if you want to have a mistress on the side of a legal and not a scandal - you need Russian wife. I have this woman myself, has not regretted even once.
But I warn you - in protecting their children a Russian woman is able to tear apart not only her husband but also the entire U.S. special forces.

But back to the show
Old 09-15-2011, 11:52 PM

Thanks for the pics, geg!

I really like that little Lynx vehicle. Even looks like it could be modified for personal (non-military) use.

As to the Hummer issue, I'm certainly no military expert, but from what I've read, there has been a big push in U.S. military vehicle design for 'bomb safe' vehicles - particularly because of all the roadside bombs being detonated in Iraq and elsewhere. I believe they found that the 'flat bottom' design of the Hummer et al was not particularly effective in preventing intrusion into the vehicle interior. The new design has a big 'V' shaped area underneath that directs the blast forces outwards.

Quick Reply: Ural Expo Arms 2011/ Show Russian Weapons