The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: Does Britney Spears deserve all the negative criticism about her VMA performance?
Yes, it was truly a horrible moment in TV history
41.57%
No, she looked fine, and people are being too tough on her
10.11%
The performance was lazy, but stop harping on her looks -- she's hardly fat
48.31%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

VMAs - Britney Spears

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 08:09 PM

Talking VMAs - Britney Spears

For those of you who watched the VMAs last night on MTV, or have at least heard about/seen Britney's performance, just wondering what everyone thinks.
Personally, I have to say I don't find her to be the worst looking chick in the world.

You can watch the performance here:
http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1568788&vid=173440

A related article:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20676923/

Name:  070909_britney_hmed_7p.h2.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  21.4 KB

Old 09-10-2007, 08:12 PM

Britney who??

I get so tired of all the celebrity news. And this story is a joke! I mean come on, she is NOT fat! Yes, the six-pack is gone, but she is still in very good shape considering what she's been through.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:23 PM

Since when did lip sync become the "hip" thing? Anyone can lip sync a song, but when you goof up a lip sync of your own material, that's pretty bad.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:39 PM

Location: Fresno, California (formerly of Modesto, Ca. -- hometown of George Lucas, formerly of Winnipeg, Mb.)
I liked alot of her early, pre-crazy stuff. Now, I just shake my head and can't help but call her a skanky whore. IMHO.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by modestohhrclub
I liked alot of her early, pre-crazy stuff. Now, I just shake my head and can't help but call her a skanky whore. IMHO.
No offense, but when was the last time you gave birth to two children, got divoriced AND had a substance abuse problem and had to deal with it while the world watched?

What's the old saying about throwing stones?
Old 09-10-2007, 09:13 PM

I care more about the brave men and woman putting it on the line everyday overseas more so than this train wreck..or Lohan or Paris or any of those other wanks

I'm not wishing ill of her but frankly whatever these meatballs go through in the "public eye" is of their own doing. No press is bad press for these people...so having the whole world watch is just another day for them.

They live a totally different life than most of us can ever imagine or try to equate to.

Goose
Old 09-10-2007, 09:19 PM
Banned

Talking It's Britney bi*ch!

I think she looks better a little thicker with a bigger ass. I hate that the press is getting on her physique because she looks the best she ever has! I have to say the performance was horrible though. That was definitely the worst moment in TV lip-synching history. She took the title from Ashlee Simpson. I couldn't tell if Britney was too F'd up to properly preform, has too much going on in her life to focus on her career, is burned out, or just doesn't care about her career, fans, and performances anymore. That woman used to know how to move, now she almost falls stepping down to the lower part of the stage. She definitely knows how to launch a come back! I think Kanye West summed it up best with, "I can’t believe she would perform, she hasn’t had a hit record in years.”. Britney tried getting a centerfold in Playboy recently and Heff turned her down. She has to clean up her act before she's allowed a shoot. Sarah Silverman right after Britney ruled! She owned Britney and only bombed a little on Paris. Britney's career is over and she has nobody to blame but herself. Her management, publicists, and record label must be real proud of her and all of her accomplishments. Pop is too fickle of a music to make as many mistakes and piss all over your fans as much as she has. She's a made artist without any real talent other than looking good and moving her body so there will always someone to replace her. It's rare for a pop artist to have more than a couple of year career anyways; Unless they are smart like Madonna or actually talented like Prince. Just ask MC Hammer.

Last edited by captain howdy; 09-10-2007 at 10:11 PM.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:32 PM

Divorcing FedEx was probably one of the better moves she's done lately. She needs to get her **** together, but it's too late. She had it all and she blew it.

But unlike the "trainwreck in progress" Amy Winehouse, Britney may actually survive.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:36 PM
Banned

PopoZao!
Old 09-10-2007, 09:43 PM

Remember the days when Britney was the good little girl and Agulera (think I spelled that right) was the bad slut on the block?

Quick Reply: VMAs - Britney Spears