The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: Does Britney Spears deserve all the negative criticism about her VMA performance?
Yes, it was truly a horrible moment in TV history
41.57%
No, she looked fine, and people are being too tough on her
10.11%
The performance was lazy, but stop harping on her looks -- she's hardly fat
48.31%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

VMAs - Britney Spears

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Banned

Maybe I am being a little quick to judge her career as washed up. We'll see when the new album drops. My problem is my wife is a huge Britney fan so I have to know every moment of her life and career and I get to see first hand how much she pisses on her fans. My wife paid like 400 and something bucks for two front section seats for her and my step daughter to see Britney on her Onyx Hotel or Motel or whatever it was tour. Like a week or two before she came she canceled her tour to go running around in the Bahamas with a then married to someone else FedEx. She got her money back minus the box office fees but they were both pretty crushed, my step daughter more so. No band I like has ever pulled some **** like that! Hell.....a lot of the bands I like do fan appreciation songs and other special things to thank their fans.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:17 PM

For having 2 kids and one less than a year old she did not look that bad. Her choice in what she wore was not the best, because that mad her look fat.
As for her performace that was the worst. Most bands and singers lip sync during those types of events everyone knows, and someone like her does because of the dancing they do, but come on she did little to no dancing and she stopped "singing" half way thru the song. Just did not look like she wanted to be there. Just my view.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:00 PM

She sings? Who knew? Who cares? The cover art works for me!
Old 09-10-2007, 11:12 PM

Location: Fresno, California (formerly of Modesto, Ca. -- hometown of George Lucas, formerly of Winnipeg, Mb.)
Well, if I had a substance abuse problem, shaved my head, and put my new borne in danger by holding them in my lap while driving, I would probably call myself a skanky witch as well.

It's all a P.R. scam for her failing career.

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
No offense, but when was the last time you gave birth to two children, got divoriced AND had a substance abuse problem and had to deal with it while the world watched?

What's the old saying about throwing stones?
Old 09-10-2007, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by modestohhrclub
Well, if I had a substance abuse problem, shaved my head, and put my new borne in danger by holding them in my lap while driving, I would probably call myself a skanky witch as well.

It's all a P.R. scam for her failing career.
Actually, you said "skanky whore" but whatever. Nice compassion you got there.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:02 AM

Location: Fresno, California (formerly of Modesto, Ca. -- hometown of George Lucas, formerly of Winnipeg, Mb.)
My bad. O.K.... 'whore'

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
Actually, you said "skanky whore" but whatever. Nice compassion you got there.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:56 AM

didnt watch it, aint watched it, but ill say i think she nees to realize her new physique and dress sexy for her age and body, not like she is still pre marriage and kids. and i have heard how bad the performance was, not good for her to relaunch her careeer... i honestly dont think she is fat, but she needs to dress for who she is now.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:00 AM

Her performance was far from decent, but IMO she still looks good - I'd even go so far as to say that she looks better now (I don't like my women looking like drumsticks).
Old 09-11-2007, 07:54 AM

at least she's got hair now
Old 09-11-2007, 08:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dan's HHR
at least she's got hair now
In one place at least.

Quick Reply: VMAs - Britney Spears