The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.
View Poll Results: Do you support the war in Iraq?
Yes
50.85%
No
49.15%
Voters: 236. You may not vote on this poll

War in Iraq

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by JimZ_HHR
Not goin to a recruiter, been there done that, but dang sure my elected officials know my stance on the subject AND being in San Diego, make sure every military person i meet know i'm supporting them in spirit. (and yes, most the guys I talk to believe they are doin something good over there)
Forget it Jim...some people have no clue when it comes down to actually doing something to ensure that their freedoms in this country are not taken away.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by HonestBlues
Forget it Jim...some people have no clue when it comes down to actually doing something to ensure that their freedoms in this country are not taken away.
Your straying of topic and trying to start arguments now like BB just did. The topic is do you support the war, not what you think of peoples opinions. Please people lets be a bunch of civilized adults for once and keep this open. I know its hard sometimes but don't you want to see what the other side thinks? Beside those of us that don't support the war may have served or are serving this country, or have family and friends that have served or are serving this country. Just because you don't support a cause doesn't mean you don't understand or appreciate the brave men and women that serve this country proudly!
Old 02-24-2007, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by captain howdy
Your straying of topic and trying to start arguments now like BB just did. The topic is do you support the war, not what you think of peoples opinions. Please people lets be a bunch of civilized adults for once and keep this open. I know its hard sometimes but don't you want to see what the other side thinks?
You're right...more people should take what is expressed in your signature quote to heart.Too many people only paying attention to the media and not thinking for themselves.The big picture cannot be seen with a 10 second sound bite from a talking head.The war on terror will not go away as long as there exists the small percentage of muslims whose only desire is to kill you and I because of what we are.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:19 PM
Banned

Too many people only paying attention to the media and not thinking for themselves.The big picture cannot be seen with a 10 second sound bite from a talking head.The war on terror will not go away as long as there exists the small percentage of muslims whose only desire is to kill you and I because of what we are.
I totally agree. Anything you see in the media needs to be taken with a grain of salt. If something interest me I have to view and read it from multiple media sources and draw my own assumptions. In this day and age it's hard to find non-objective media sources. While I agree about the small group of Muslim fundamentalist we also have to remember that if it isn't them it's going to be someone else. Terrorism will always exist. If we take one group out another will pop up. Sometimes in retaliation for our actions on the first group.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:24 PM

I totally agree. Anything you see in the media needs to be taken with a grain of salt. If something interest me I have to view and read it from multiple media sources and draw my own assumptions. In this day and age it's hard to find non-objective media sources. While I agree about the small group of Muslim fundamentalist we also have to remember that if it isn't them it's going to be someone else. Terrorism will always exist. If we take one group out another will pop up. Sometimes in retaliation for our actions on the first group.
Yeah...ain't it surprising that both of us,me a Christian and whatever you are, are the same to them? To them we are both infidels and as such we are both targets,like it or not.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Black Beauty
I know I`m going out on a limb, but, according to the poll, at least (15) site members are preparing to go to a recruiter, Monday morning.
Since they`re ( and only because) closed at this time of night...

No way B/B, Been there Done That. Big Time 23 yrs.
Now I must just support our troops.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:43 PM
Banned

Yeah...ain't it surprising that both of us,me a Christian and whatever you are, are the same to them? We are both infidels and as such we are both targets,like it or not.
At least we've been pretty lucky as far as terrorism goes compared to some other places around the world other that a few crazy American idiots. I refuse to be afraid of terrorism. If you're afraid of them and think of their cause and actions regularly then they win. It's a small group of idiots that can't really do anything serious military wise to attack us so they try to make us live in fear and bring attention to their cause through their terrorist activity usually targeting civilians to drive the point home. I for one refuse to let them win!
Old 02-24-2007, 09:46 PM
Banned

No need to apologize BB. I would just like for once to be able to have a civil political discussion and maybe learn a thing or two along the way. I think we can do it if we let our words be guided by our brains rather than our hearts.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:47 PM
Founding Member

ah yes, that fine art of disagreeing without being disagreeable!
Old 02-24-2007, 09:48 PM

At least we've been pretty lucky as far as terrorism goes compared to some places other that a few crazy American idiots. I refuse to be afraid of terrorism. If you're afraid of them and think of their cause and actions regularly then they win. It's a small group of idiots that can't really do anything serious military wise to attack us so they try to make us live in fear and bring attention to their cause through their terrorist activity usually targeting civilians to drive the point home. I for one refuse to let them win!
That's a great attitude and one that I share as well.However,what do you think should be done to eliminate the threat? I know what I think...we take the war to them.Because if we do not,they will surely bring it to us.

Quick Reply: War in Iraq