The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Warranty for certified used, 02-09 models

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 12:24 PM

Warranty for certified used, 02-09 models

If they can do this for used, why can't they do it for those that bought new?

http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayS...74&docid=33044
Old 02-08-2007, 12:33 PM

That's a good find. Thanks for posting the link for that release. I'm going to have to talk to my dealership about getting the 5 year powertrain warranty put onto my HHR.

We'll start with the dealer and then move up the corporate ladder.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:16 PM

My dealer knows nothing about it and it has yet to show up on the gmcertified.com. I wonder when they plan on getting everyone informed.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:38 PM

>/ponders<

Hmmm.. why oh why did I not see this earlier... and here I bought a 2006 Used HHR from my local dealership who told me that the entire Warranty only had 3yr/30K miles on it... Only it wasn't listed as a "Certified" Used GM Car; when I bought it... which had me wondering. Its a great car and I got a great deal on it, even talked them down about $4000 on the drive out price...

I should have asked them about having it Certified, before I left with it... ...anyone know what steps are required to have that done?

I'm definetely going to have to have "chat" with my Chevy sales rep tonight on my way home from work.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:34 PM

[QUOTE=solman98;119202]If they can do this for used, why can't they do it for those that bought new?

Yeah, They can "Certify" my '06 that has less than 9,000 Mi. on it and give me their free Warranty too. Maybe I could get back some of the big $$$ the Extended Warranty I bought back in 8/05 has, and is, costing me. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting though.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:56 PM

Don't forget to follow the asterik trail........the warranty is applied to the original in-service date of the vehicle. Could be a short lived thing on some vehicles.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Nazramoth
>/ponders<
I should have asked them about having it Certified, before I left with it... ...anyone know what steps are required to have that done?
Pretty simple on the dealers part, if a used GM vehicle. There are some extra steps during the original inspection of the vehicle and then a form or two to fill out to make that GM Vehicle certified. However, one catch to clarify, the GM vehicle needs to be dealership owned while it is being certified. You can't go into the dealership and get your vehicle certified in order to get this extra Chevrolet extended warranty. However if you purchased it used, your dealer may be able to help you out. That would be up to the dealer though.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by calgaryhhr
That's a good find. Thanks for posting the link for that release. I'm going to have to talk to my dealership about getting the 5 year powertrain warranty put onto my HHR.

We'll start with the dealer and then move up the corporate ladder.
Any update on your progress on this?
Old 06-11-2007, 07:08 PM

my warranty is up soon

When we bought our HHR we were offered the standard warranty and the optional extended packages... well the first 60,000 Kilometers is almost up!
Now to read about this offer of 100,000 MILE Powertrain warranty for a Certified Used Vehicle.

Here's what the dealer here in Calgary Canada has been trying to sell me which is the GMPP plan that runs anywhere from $1500 to $3660 for the Total Plus plan. That's only $50/mnth for the basic Powertrain package ($100 deductable) and $68/mnth for the Total Plus package (same deductable).

It might be noted that in the pamphlet Warranty has been replaced with Protection Plan and all of this is to give you "peace of mind" while travelling down the road.
I intend to do some more research but it might be cheaper for me to trade in my HHR '06 for a 2008 model.

Just need some "peace of mind",

Lorne
Old 06-11-2007, 08:20 PM

When I last talked to the dealer where I purchased my HHR they said they had not heard about the new warranty program for used vehicles in the US and had not heard about anything happening in Canada. Although the warranties have been made longer on new vehicles there has been no warranty program change for GM Optimum used vehicles.

So this seems to be a US only thing that GM Canada is not adopting. I don't have the time nor do I really care about an extended powertrain warranty considering that I will, hopefully, be getting rid of the HHR in the up coming new year.

Quick Reply: Warranty for certified used, 02-09 models