The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Whats wrong with this picture after trip to dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 05:22 PM

Whats wrong with this picture after trip to dealer?

Name:  bow.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  54.5 KB

Goose
Old 07-29-2008, 05:24 PM

Lil crooked eh?
Old 07-29-2008, 05:24 PM
jx3

Um, the HHR was not sitting level when the bowtie was attached?
Old 07-29-2008, 05:31 PM

Hey Goose-man
I hope to God it did not go in for a New Bowtie and if so have them put the Old one back on . Was this your Dealership or a New place that you have never been to before. This sucks Man

Z
Old 07-29-2008, 05:38 PM

Ya know.......I knew the trip went too smooth

On the plus side, they said they would replace the front bowtie as well as it has been scratched up since day 1 (did not notice as it was raining out).

I pointed this out to the Service Writer and to his credit he went right over to another HHR and compared(I guess that is what he should have done anyways) Said he would have to order it which is fine as I have the front tie, rearview mirror and wiper nut cap on order.

To be honest, this tie looks smaller than the one that was on there as even centered it does not look like it would take up the whole seating area...I think they just grabbed one out of a bin and put it on

I can't crap on the SW too bad as he did take care of most of my concerns and was pleasant....the dee dee dee tech who put on the bowtie on the other hand.....I'm a bit concerned on how the rear tie is attached though..looks like it is adhesive and when the pry this on off it may mark up the area it should never have been affixed to in the first place (corner too high)...Hopefully the order the right size one...I imagine the front tie and rear are different? I'm wondering if they threw a front tie on the rear? Or is that impossible due to the way they attach?

Got recall done also...they did a good job as I can't even tell they went in there

Goose
Old 07-29-2008, 05:40 PM

Rudy-

That was one of the many items I brought it in for...the old one looked like hell with water bubble all in it...coming up on 36K and needed all the cosmetic stuff addressed

It was a local dealer.......I bought the HHR over in Dover NH which is about 50 miles away...MacMulkin is about 8 miles from me on my way home from work

Goose
Old 07-29-2008, 05:43 PM

Well after 81K my Rear Bowtie looks like ????.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:04 PM

Goose,

Could it be your license plate is blank? LOL JK.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:50 PM

Goose I had mine replaced and it was put on the same way! I just said forget it because they have went out of their way to do some things that didnt really need to be done as a favor and didnt charge me.
Been in Tn getting work done??? lol
Old 07-31-2008, 05:55 AM

Lol...I was waiting for someone to mention the blank plate

Wow...nope all done in NH...I wonder what is so difficult with these guys being able to line something like that up??? I can only guess that they went to put it on and the adhesive grabbed before they had it set where it needed to be. Maybe hoping I would not notice it?

They also did some stuff they didn't have to do (replacing the front tie when it comes in) but still...that looks like crap all crooked like that. They are going to take care of it so no issue...mistakes happen but as long as they are fixed I have no beef as I have to bring it back anyways for the parts they ordered

Goose

Quick Reply: Whats wrong with this picture after trip to dealer?