The Lounge Off Topic PG-13.
Warning: The Lounge may contain irrelevant and off topic discussions that may not be related to anything HHR. If you are not interested in these kinds of discussions, do not read or respond to these threads.

Windows Vista

Old 01-31-2007, 07:09 PM

Windows Vista

Anyone else upgraded to Windows Vista yet?
Old 01-31-2007, 07:12 PM

I was thinking of upgrading, but I want to know that Vista is going to work well first. I have the software . . . hardware . . . flash drive . . . whatever they call it. If it's as good as they say it should be I will.

The real reason I got it is I want to install it on my iMac and see what happens.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:22 PM

I'm planning on getting another Laptop later this year and that'll probably be the extent of my involvement with Vista. Otherwise XP suits me fine for what needs to be done on the two current home network PC's.
Old 01-31-2007, 07:36 PM

I don't think it'll work on my Mac.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:41 AM

We have Vista here at work. Our IT guy has had to read the long "conditions of acceptance" that Microsoft requires you to agree to before installation. He claims that one of the conditions for acceptance is that you allow Microsoft to query your computer contents. If there is any (non-Microsoft) program that they deem is interfering with Vista or any Microsoft program, then they reserve the right to disable or delete that program. I don't know if Microsoft would ever actually do this, but I would feel uncomfortable with even the possibility of someone tampering with my PC contents.

Steve
Old 02-01-2007, 11:41 AM

Heck, I just downloaded the latest version of Internet Explorer the other day, and it's slowed my surfing waaaaaaayyy down for some reason - I'll have to play with it some to try and fix that. Nonetheless, that does not exactly encourage me to go out and upgrade to Vista quite yet. I'll wait 'till they get all the kinds worked out first - and believe me, there'll be some! XP seems to be working fine for me now.........
Old 02-01-2007, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Applenut
I don't think it'll work on my Mac.

I have a mac as well... don't waste your time. Vista is a rip off of OS X. Besides leopard is coming!!!

Read about it here
Old 02-01-2007, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by PhxHHR
Heck, I just downloaded the latest version of Internet Explorer the other day, and it's slowed my surfing waaaaaaayyy down for some reason - I'll have to play with it some to try and fix that. Nonetheless, that does not exactly encourage me to go out and upgrade to Vista quite yet. I'll wait 'till they get all the kinds worked out first - and believe me, there'll be some! XP seems to be working fine for me now.........
Same here. I accidentally installed IE 7 on our work computer and my bookkeeper complained she could no longer use Quickbooks!
I did not know I was installing IE7, but thought it was a necessary security patch being installed. Microsoft misled me on this. So uninstalled it became!

So, install Mozilla Firefox, use it and enjoy. Firefox has a built in spell checker too, great for these forum postings as many forums have no spell check.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:09 PM

Here's some interesting liks:

http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=36570

http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut00...ista_cost.html

Steve
Old 02-01-2007, 03:35 PM

When translated into English "Microsoft" means "Buggy, Bloated,-Software"

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Windows Vista